My Neck Of The ....Bush

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Thanks for all the pics, keep up the good work. You're living my preferred lifestyle. Bit hard to move bush at present with 2 younguns, with all the amenities and education etc in the city.
Would love to be far away and back out "bush" though, watch out wife when the kids are grown I tell you!

On the subject of "ladybugs" its amazing how many different types there are. Some even have "fur" !!!

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
A cold few days here and Bracing for "Snow" forecast for Thursday! (Standby for the obligatory snow photos :;):) Pics today of our front drive and the small front dam completely iced over!

(m) Brumby's Run July  (3).jpg(m) Brumby's Run July (1).jpg

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Thanks for all the pics, keep up the good work. You're living my preferred lifestyle. Bit hard to move bush at present with 2 younguns, with all the amenities and education etc in the city.
Would love to be far away and back out "bush" though, watch out wife when the kids are grown I tell you!
Wot? don yu fink we got no skoolz out heir in da bush?
I was edumicated proper 'n' so woz my 16 bruvas and 12 siztas.....
We got all da amenni....gud stuff too. We got a gud damn for swummin', yu can get anyfink from da co-op, the flyin' doc runs a clinic twice a munf 'n' ya kids wud be able to go all the way from grade 1-7 in da same clazrum.....
You wudn't miss nufink if ya moved bush.
Cheers
Bloffy

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score

On the subject of "ladybugs" its amazing how many different types there are. Some even have "fur" !!!
Thanks for your comments Browny -We all have to weigh up our priorities and good to see you put your family first. Just so long as you can get those "younguns" out into the Bush as often as you can I'm sure they will grow to enjoy it like you do. My 'Baby boy' is now 33 and lives in a city environment, when he's not chasing the V8 supercars around the country he is out camping - just loves it. A product of what we did when he was growing up. Makes me feel good to see that something rubbed off. :risatonaD:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Bloffy, Bloffy, Bloffy....the sea air has got to you again.

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
We had horizontal Mizzle/drizzle/rain all day at about 30km per hour But no snow as forecast:
However I promised (threatened) Snow Photos so here they are from May 3 this year.

(i) May 3 SNOW! (12).jpg(i) May 3 SNOW! (10).jpg

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
You're a hard man Brumby with an outdoor bath in this weather!

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Some things are just so darned strange!!!
This morning from our kitchen window checking out the dam which is at most 60M away. First I spotted the small Roo…. Then the Fox just curled up on the dam wall.
Where he was sitting overlooks the overflow of the dam, so my guess is he was waiting for something like a frog perhaps to show itself in the overflow. But he was just curled up there like a domestic dog.
Took a couple of quick ‘snaps’ through the window but when I headed outside to get some better shots the Fox realized he was being watched and skedaddled (He’ll be back :;): and I will have something heavier than a camera in my hands )

Fox 2.jpgFox 1.jpg

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
"Live By The Laws Of Nature and You Will Live In Harmony"
(k) July 18 (11).jpg

I am usually not one for these little plaques But spotted this one at the Japanese Gardens at Cowra (NSW) and liked it.
Pic snapped by my better half yesterday after the snow.

Last edited:

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Fresh crisp mornings and wonderful light for some quirky photos (Accidental in most cases)
But great for a peaceful stroll with the dogs before breakfast.
BR July Morning.jpg(k) July 24 (1).jpg

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Beautiful photos mate. You've got a good eye.

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Been doing some burning off around the shack today - Presummer bushfire mitigation - Every time I light up, I end up with several "helpers" looking for a bit of easy tucker.
DSCN1097.jpgDSCN1088e.jpgDSCN1096.jpg

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Not much happening around here of late - here's a pic from June 2005 - my front gate looking towards the main house.
19a Snow June 2005 Brumby's run.jpg
We usually get a couple of good dumps of snow each winter. (sometimes in Spring:piange:)

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
We have a couple of Banded Lapwings nesting in the open paddock next door. I must admit I have always just thrown them under the generic name "Plover" but they are really Lapwings (Vanellus Tricolor) and as usual this pair have not disappointed, true to form they have laid the eggs in one of the most exposed spots around here and protest loudly when anything/anyone comes within 100 meters, even at 3 in the morning.
images.jpg (Google Image)

Lapwing 3.jpgLapwing 1.jpgLapwing 2.jpg

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Brown Goshawk (Accipiter fasciatus) A Kerfuffle among the Magpies alerted us to this guy. (Thanks to the Magpies warning cries I have seen a lot of wildlife over the years that would normally slip on by - Goannas, Foxes, Koalas and the like)
This Goshawk was feeding on some other poor bird What (?) I am not sure of at this stage - it looks like a Rosella but for the time being the bright green underneath between the legs and tail feathers has me fooled - nothing like any of the regulars in this area unless it is a Juvenile.
Anyway happy to have observed this fella not regularly seen - especially feeding.
Brown Goshawk (1)Crop.jpgBrown Goshawk (5)Crop.jpg

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Hardenbergia Violacea - Also "Purple Coral Pea" BUT....It has a lot of other localised common names and puts on a long colourful display in my area this time of year.
DSCN1323.jpg

And supports a range of small critters...
DSCN1330edit.jpg DSCN1353.jpg