my dedicated fire kit pouch

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
No, direct from them, tbh I didn't look on eBay.

But now I have met the eBay master I have been spending a lot of time looking!

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score

If you are money conscious like me Thrud, ebay often have sales. I use watchlist (something I like, I add it to my watchlist) then wait for an appropriate sale.

You may already be aware of this site (as you were of the sak flints), it shows deals in general, but always mentions any ebay sales or deals

https://www.ozbargain.com.au

You can do a search in top right hand corner for "ebay", then change "Sort:" from "Relevence" to "Post date" to get the latest ebay deals.

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score

Mate, I am total novice! You want to see my 2 girls go.....

I agree for the most part that buying cheap crap from China (mostly) is as good as throwing your hard earned down the toilet - after all how good is a $30 90L back pack really going to be? - but you do come across the odd gem from time to time. Especially if your willing to play the bidding game on second hand items (which I have no real interest in doing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Nice kit! Where did you get your small carbide scraper? Fusion Gear had them awhile back but are out now and I haven't been able to find them in anything but bulk lots :(

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Nice kit! Where did you get your small carbide scraper? Fusion Gear had them awhile back but are out now and I haven't been able to find them in anything but bulk lots :(
off Ebay but they are becoming harder to get recently. I haven't seen single ones being sold for a while now.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
off Ebay but they are becoming harder to get recently. I haven't seen single ones being sold for a while now.
Thanks mate, found one eBay but for $10 plus delivery I'll stick with a knife spine

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
if you don't worry about cost get a Corona or EzeEdge tool sharpener, by far the best strikers made, though can be ridiculously expensive when postage is factored in. I have several and they are the best strikers I have ever used, they absolutely rip the spark out of any ferro rod, though they are really brutal on thin diameter rods (I wouldn't use them on any rod less than 1/2" diameter rods as those lesser diameter rods just don't stand up to them)

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
if you don't worry about cost get a Corona or EzeEdge tool sharpener, by far the best strikers made, though can be ridiculously expensive when postage is factored in. I have several and they are the best strikers I have ever used, they absolutely rip the spark out of any ferro rod, though they are really brutal on thin diameter rods (I wouldn't use them on any rod less than 1/2" diameter rods as those lesser diameter rods just don't stand up to them)
Thanks for the heads up, i was after a small striker to go with some 1/2inch ferro rods i'd made up but will have a look at the Corona

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of these in the way
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Fire-Starter-Flint-Match-Lighter-Camping-Emergency-Survival-Gear/163278796962?hash=item26042cb8a2:m:mFKUxgVB9pm7Qdghn5u65zg

I have no idea what they’ll be like but at $1 delivered I’m prepared to take the risk.
great find mate, just bought a couple myself. The super strikers are really hard to find now, or they are $10 each and if I am going to spend that sort of money I will get a Corona tool sharpener instead.

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I have been looking for a fire-kit pouch to compliment my traditional bushcraft gear for some time. I considered many, but nothing took my fancy. Until I saw this.

This is a genuine Yugoslav Army Surplus Ammunition Pouch. It has solid brass rivets and snap closure and is well formed. Leather is in descent condition, but I am waiting on some more dubin neutral to feed it.

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I always thought these would make a great possibles/fire pouch, around $35 off ebay.

ebay pic

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
This is a genuine Yugoslav Army Surplus Ammunition Pouch. It has solid brass rivets and snap closure and is well formed. Leather is in descent condition, but I am waiting on some more dubin neutral to feed it.
I've grown up using dubbin. I can recommend olive oil. I've been using it on my high end walking boots (very thick leather). The leather seems to maintain condition all year - even after being soaked through and dried again. And, it doesn't seem to stretch leather like dubbin does (with boots and belts). Dubbin washes out in leather that is soaked then dried. I use olive oil on anything leather now.

Last edited: