my current striker collection

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
a highly anticipated one, an Andrew Kirkham classic type R, a fantastic striker and easily compares to my OliveMead's. He sent a handful of flints with the striker as well.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
the other custom just turned up today, from JF Blacksmithing in the US. Not bad transit time either and one of the first purchases from Etsy for me.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
got a couple of packages from BeaverBushcraft today, a traditional snail striker (a Scottish design) by Bethel forge, slow matches long spills (sulfur matches), bees wax candles and a very nice little possibles pouch. I bought the pouch just to see how his compared to what I am making and it was on special.

Mark also included some very nice flints, again very appreciative of his generosity for this.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Kvenland Forgeworks Traditional Viking, I have always liked Viking strikers and this one really tickled my fancy.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
didn't buy these one's but forged them myself today, first attempt at making a striker, all three spark tested and throw sparks well. Two are from W2 steel and the big one is from a Nicholson file.

second pic adds in a striker made by my mate from a whiltshire file

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Emberlit Wolf just turned up, a bit disappointed as they sent me the wrong one I actually ordered their Dragon.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Just got these two today, very surprised as the roman sled was added in as a gift. The MOABFireRock damascus persian is a beautiful and unique striker unlike any I own. Came with two very nice sized flints

and adding in some better pics showing the damascus pattern a bit better

the Persian is fantastic and I have already fallen for it.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
one I want to make
this is one I want to make, going to have to get myself a billet of 1095/15n20 Damascus and make something like this, to my eye this kind of striker is beautiful.

I will of course I will modify the design enough to 'make it my own' as I don't want to steal his design. I just love the concept and will play with striker designs and come up with my own design.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
epic mail day today, three strikers turned up

Andrew Kirkham classic English Medieval, this took like 5 weeks to turn up

BeaverBushcraft combo flint striker/ferro rod strikers, when my Corona ferro rod strikers fell through I bought these to replace them

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I advocate carrying a striker with you at all times so you can spark test rocks you find during your travels, so I bought this beautiful little striker specifically for that purpose.

The Celtic Broadsword with Triskele design, small from BeaverBushcraft

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I advocate carrying a striker with you at all times so you can spark test rocks you find during your travels, so I bought this beautiful little striker specifically for that purpose.
Now you'll never leave home without a striker !

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
a striker I had long wanted, the Kings Crown from D&B Primitive Forgeworks came with three small shards of chert

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
My current Kirkham strikers, I still have a custom (that I designed my self) currently in the process of being forged and I have talked to Andy about getting an over-sized R type forged as well, but these three are currently the one's I have.

These are the best strikers I own, along with my Olivemead's

R type, English Medieval and 17th century Austrian, again sitting on some Aussie grey and black flint

my three D&B Primitive Forgeworks strikers, I probably won't be getting anymore from him as I have all the one's I want from him now, though he does have a drop point knife striker that I really like and as I have no combo knife/strikers in my collection currently I may get one down the track a bit.
The scaled dragon, Kings Crown and Viking Boat striker sitting on some Aussie grey and black flint.