my current EDC rotation

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I bought some new lights for taking pics so fooling around with them (not sure if I like them yet, might have to put them in light tents to get the right effect from them) and thought I would put up my current EDC rotation and a before pic of one shot (using just natural light , no extra lighting at all just in my living room at lunch time, which worked out quite well)

all but one are M390 (or 20cv or 204-p) frame lock or liner lock flippers

no lighting

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Middle photo, top of the right side. That little hollow ground knife - what is it?

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
TuyaKnife Shuriken?

is this the one you are enquiring about?

OK saw it again and I know which one you mean, WE Practic

a really nice little knife, not made any more and hard to get, G10 liner lock, M390 flipper hollow ground, good user

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Had a hunt around yesterday - a few places overseas have them. Newbee in Aus had it on sale for $200, now out of stock. Really still a bit too big for me to carry. For $200, m390, hollow ground blade and the quality of a WE, I would have to buy it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I paid around $200 for mine a little while ago, and at that price they represent pretty good value, and they are about as cheap as you will find for M390 and are a good way of getting into the M390 market. The Practic would be my choice for a 'user' M390, or M390 boxcutter, and it performs really well for that sort of thing, and blitzes through the likes of cardboard. Remember, these are full blown WE's, run on WE's excellent caged ceramic bearings, have a ceramic detent ball, WE's typical F&F (excellent and almost flawless), excellent action, have ti hardware and use G-10 to try to keep costs down a bit.

Contact True Talon and see if he has any left (he may be able to get one for you, no promises though as they are discontinued as far as I know)

https://www.truetalon.com/collections/we-knife/products/m390-knife-we-knives-809-practic-m390-blade-g10-handle

Email: - sales@truetalon.com

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes. In my previous comment "I wouldn't have a choice :ROFLMAO:", meant I'd have to buy it. I've changed the wording now. I don't have any WE knives, but I know the ever growing and current reputation they have. TT are out. That's OK, I'm still waiting on a couple of artisans; the waiting will keep me satisfied. $200 although great value, is getting into nervous territory for me :oops::)

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
each of us has to determine what our comfort spend limit is, exceed it at your own peril, and risk having 'that look' from your significant other (yes we have all had 'that look'), mine just seems to creep up and up and up, and now seems to hover around $700 (as attests me buying my recently purchased Liong Mah Eraser), though I don't see it rising it much further, as I have found a sweet spot, and found several high end knives that are ticking all my boxes and all falling in the $500-$700 mark.

Still if I am being honest a ridiculous amount of money to spend on any knife but they do give me a lot of pleasure to own, lots of pride in ownership, premium top-of-the-line materials, almost flawless F&F, hand finishing for many aspects of the build, cryo process/hand grinds of sharpening of the edge (so less metal fatigue), hand inspecting each knife before delivery. These are not run of the mill production knives and you have to expect to pay a premium. Performance wise edge retention tests seem to show that all those extra processes add extra performance to the numbers. My Reate's perform better than most other M390 knives, as shown in all the cutting test. But you pay a crap ton of money for them.

Is it worth it, I think so, many don't though.....The whole "made in China" thing/bias is an insurmountable thing that a LOT of people simply cannot get over.
They are many who are rabidly Pro American made people out there even though we are here in Australia and not in America (which I find very strange) , through and through Pro-American and will not be swayed any other way, suggest a knife is made in China and somehow you are aiding in the fall of western society. They see China made ANYTHING as evil and bad, and if you buy that crap as evil by association. For somehow by buying China made goods you are supporting the China 'takeover' of the world, maybe a bit exaggerated and somewhat I agree with but still, I am just buy a bloody knife for christ sake....at a very good or better price than I can get at anywhere else that I can find and not leading to the destruction of my society,...LoL
If you dare to suggest to buy a China made you will cope a lot of shit, I know, I do on a regular basis.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
each of us has to determine what our comfort spend limit is, exceed it at your own peril, and risk having 'that look' from your significant other (yes we have all had 'that look'), mine just seems to creep up and up and up, and now seems to hover around $700 (as attests me buying my recently purchased Liong Mah Eraser), though I don't see it rising it much further, as I have found a sweet spot, and found several high end knives that are ticking all my boxes and all falling in the $500-$700 mark.

Still if I am being honest a ridiculous amount of money to spend on any knife but they do give me a lot of pleasure to own, lots of pride in ownership, premium top-of-the-line materials, almost flawless F&F, hand finishing for many aspects of the build, cryo process/hand grinds of sharpening of the edge (so less metal fatigue), hand inspecting each knife before delivery. These are not run of the mill production knives and you have to expect to pay a premium. Performance wise edge retention tests seem to show that all those extra processes add extra performance to the numbers. My Reate's perform better than most other M390 knives, as shown in all the cutting test. But you pay a crap ton of money for them.

Is it worth it, I think so, many don't though.....The whole "made in China" thing/bias is an insurmountable thing that a LOT of people simply cannot get over.
They are many who are rabidly Pro American made people out there even though we are here in Australia and not in America (which I find very strange) , through and through Pro-American and will not be swayed any other way, suggest a knife is made in China and somehow you are aiding in the fall of western society. They see China made ANYTHING as evil and bad, and if you buy that crap as evil by association. For somehow by buying China made goods you are supporting the China 'takeover' of the world, maybe a bit exaggerated and somewhat I agree with but still, I am just buy a bloody knife for christ sake....at a very good or better price than I can get at anywhere else that I can find and not leading to the destruction of my society,...LoL
If you dare to suggest to buy a China made you will cope a lot of shit, I know, I do on a regular basis.
Yeah, you don't have to explain any of this to me :ROFLMAO:. I still have a drawer full of knives, and I could wear a different watch every day of the week. My problem is, I have a few other hobbies to support too :oops:; although most of it is just maintenance costs now. Most of my stuff is Chinese - I have no problem with that; although I believe they are on a neo colonisation move; you'd be crazy not to believe that. Even here in Tassie they are easily the biggest investors in infrastructure and new development. And by design, most of the profit and employment is of minimal value to Australia - Chinese nationals somehow always get employed at those places.

Last edited: