BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

Mora 2000 cuts rope !

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
So I got me a Mora 2000 after several year of Ho humming !
I remember when they came out , I was all ... Ho Hum !
Anyways , for some reason I had a 2000 itch that needed scratching .

THe knife is well polished .
THe handle is comfortable .
The knife is relatively light weight ( make for a 2nd knife )
THe blade is UBER thin ! I don't want to test it .. But I might be able to break it with my bare hands !
Especially where it goes into the handle , if not possibly at the middle of the blade .
It does not fill me with confidence in regards to Bushy craft or survival or as a hunting knife !
As a second knife for cutting / slicing things = Sure . As a primary knife , hell no ! ( But that's just me )

To the rope slice = a 100 slice fail !
That is a disappointing result , even for a factory edge !
Speaking off , = , was not that flash , even though well polished ! ( looks VS performance )

I just spent the better part ( and then some ) of an hour resharpening the knife ..
Right at the point where the knife refused to slice paper , was a bit of a lump of steel ( thickening of the bevel )
It took a long time to clean up that lump of metal till I got a nice even bur happening ..
Then I had to clean the bur , and strop till I dropped and could no longer force a bur ..
Scandi Life !

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score

Did I talk about the lump on the bevel ? I think I did ..
So , after having being re sharpened and the bevel corrected .
I got a slight increase in performance . A 350 fail .
Hmmm , 350 VS 100 .. Yeah , ill take the 350 .