Mini Pocket First Aid Kit

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I posted recently regarding the mini first aid kit I carry in my pocket or kit bag as a minimal kit for minor injuries. The basis of the kit is an AMK Ultralight/Watertight 0.3 kit with minor modifications.

One of the reasons I chose this as the basis for my kit was the waterproof bag it came in. I was originally going to just use a ziplock bag but they degrade over a couple of years and didnt want to keep replacing the bag.
This kit includes:
After bite wipe
Band aids
Knuckle bandaids
Butterfly closures
Moleskin
Sterile sponge
Antiseptic towels
Small roll of tape
Safety pins

I added to this with a good quality pair of tweezers and a styptic pencil.

This is not supposed to be a comprehensive kit just a simple kit for patching small cuts or scrapes while on the move. I also carry a larger first aid kit in my pack that is for injuries that I would have to stop and address.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I posted recently regarding the mini first aid kit I carry in my pocket or kit bag as a minimal kit for minor injuries. The basis of the kit is an AMK Ultralight/Watertight 0.3 kit with minor modifications.
View attachment 26068

One of the reasons I chose this as the basis for my kit was the waterproof bag it came in. I was originally going to just use a ziplock bag but they degrade over a couple of years and didnt want to keep replacing the bag.
This kit includes:
After bite wipe
Band aids
Knuckle bandaids
Butterfly closures
Moleskin
Sterile sponge
Antiseptic towels
Small roll of tape
Safety pins

I added to this with a good quality pair of tweezers and a styptic pencil.

This is not supposed to be a comprehensive kit just a simple kit for patching small cuts or scrapes while on the move. I also carry a larger first aid kit in my pack that is for injuries that I would have to stop and address.
No bandages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An absolute must in Australia! What is an "after bite wipe"?
If you have a larger medical kit I don't see the need for this one.
Keith.

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
This kit is just a basic kit for when exploring away from camp, or when doing chores like collecting firewood away from camp. It is not intended as a primary first aid kit, items like bandages etc will be carried in my main pack.

I often like to camp somewhere and take short trips out from my camp.

An after bite wipe is for insect bites and stings, not something I have ever needed but my kids often come with me.

Kindlling

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I'm going to go get the butterfly closures for my kit now too.

Also get some prescribed broad spectrum antibiotics.

Knife or machete wounds are common in the bush and being able to pull yourself together sometimes literally is important.

Duct tape is magical stuff to have handy too. Also the medical strapping tape.
Of course safety first .