Melbourne Easter Meet - April 2015

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a family friendly day trip from Melbourne on Friday 3rd or Saturday 4th April 2015 ?

I know its short notice, but if anyone is interested in a get together for a walk or some bushcraft activities, sing out and we’ll see what we can arrange.

Any takers ?

Last edited:

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Possibly. I have a tentative arrangement for a geocaching run up around Bendigo, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Do you have any idea of location?

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly. I have a tentative arrangement for a geocaching run up around Bendigo, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Do you have any idea of location?
I haven't got any ideas as yet. I'm easy ....

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what was suggested.
Do you know any good places to visit up that way ?

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I haven't got any ideas as yet. I'm easy ....

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what was suggested.
Do you know any good places to visit up that way ?
Bunyip Park is the only place I can think of out my side of Melbourne that isn't too far to travel. It will no doubt be quite 'busy' out there over Easter with trail bikes and 4WD but they're confined to the northern parts of the park, if they're all following the rules.

I've been trying to get out there for many months to grab some geocaches but every time I plan a trip, something crops up and prevents me from going. :(

A bushcraft day, which if I can make it I might extend by staying overnight sounds like good motivation to make it happen. :)

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I won't be going out there tomorrow (Thursday) because I'll be down at Wonthaggi for a late afternoon geocaching run. :D This means that at this point in time, I have Easter free. We just need to pick a day and a meeting place and make it happen.

If the Bunyip State Park convenient for all those who are interested in coming along? If so, and to get the ball rolling along a bit further, perhaps we could meet at the same location the last group met at about a year?? ago? I can't remember where that was so will need someone who attended to provide that information.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't be going out there tomorrow (Thursday) because I'll be down at Wonthaggi for a late afternoon geocaching run. :D This means that at this point in time, I have Easter free. We just need to pick a day and a meeting place and make it happen.

If the Bunyip State Park convenient for all those who are interested in coming along? If so, and to get the ball rolling along a bit further, perhaps we could meet at the same location the last group met at about a year?? ago? I can't remember where that was so will need someone who attended to provide that information.

I'll only do a day trip (either Fri or Sat). If you or others want to do an over nighter, then you can pick the day and the place and I'll fit in.
I'm not very familiar with Bunyip so anywhere is ok by me.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
OK, the forecast is good for both Friday and Saturday. Let's say Friday and see what happens. :_risata:

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
... Just thought I should say:

Firstly I'm still available for Fri or Sat, of if someone would like to come along and it "has to be Saturday", that's OK for me.

Secondly, I know there isn't much notice here, but I'd encourage anyone who is interested to come along.
You don't have to be a guru, no one is expecting you to be able to do or bring anything amazing.

Just come along and have a chat and have a look at what others are doing. I'm sure we will find something to play with.

All you need to bring is something to eat and drink for the day and a day pack to put it in.

I was thinking I'd bring along a few pieces for show and tell. The things I thought of so far:
- BCOZ Knife
- Fatwood
- my new water filter (actually I'm hoping we're near a wet creek (or puddle) so I can try it out)
-

Anyone interested is seeing anything or any "theme" in particular ?

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I have replied via PM to both GB and Aussie. :_applauso:

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
Aussie, Biggles, and I took advantage of the glorious weather, typical of Autumn in Melbourne; perfect for walking in Bunyip SP.

Thanks for the company fellas. :)

We began by walking to the top of a hill strewn with granite outcrops. For the rest of the day we mostly wandered off track, [trying to get lost, LOL] exploring gullies etc as we arced back to our starting point.

Biggles marks a waypoint.

Fern Gully - I wonder if this will survive global warming.

Greatbloke

Aussie and Biggles

Sambar deer are common in the park but there some Fallow deer. I'm not sure which these are.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
We had a very relaxing day, with lots of chatting, exploring and a bit of show and tell along the way.
P1320523 (Small).jpg P1320527 (Small).jpg P1320528 (Small).jpg

Lunch:
P1320533 (Small).jpg

Thanks for a nice day:
P1320537 (Small).jpg

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
It was great to finally meet some forum members. Thanks for your company, fellas. :)
I don't know what has happened to my photographs. :( They seem to have disappeared off my phone...

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I was really close to you guys over Easter, I was near Yellingbo which is pretty darn close considering I live in Sydney. I could have joined you for a coffee or something if I had have seen this thread in time. I came down to Yellingbo through the mountains/hills from northern Victoria rather than down the freeway to take the scenic route. The forests are fabulous, I'm definitely going to spend some more time there sometime in the future.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I was really close to you guys over Easter, I was near Yellingbo which is pretty darn close considering I live in Sydney. I could have joined you for a coffee or something if I had have seen this thread in time. I came down to Yellingbo through the mountains/hills from northern Victoria rather than down the freeway to take the scenic route. The forests are fabulous, I'm definitely going to spend some more time there sometime in the future.
Give a shout next time you're in the area and we can brew a coffee. Yellingbo is just a short drive away !