BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May 2012 BushcraftOz Competition - Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
bushcraftoz_bannerBird_transparent_small-1.png

BushcraftOz May 2012 Competition #3

To nominate a thread into the competition this month please post a quick description for the post you wish to enter and post a link to it below. Each member can only nominate one thread each for this months competition so choose wisely and check this thread first to see if it has been nominated already.

For Example:
I would like to enter <member name's> tutorial on carving a wooden bowl - <Link>

For details on this months competition click here.

Last edited:

bubba5603

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I will start the nominations with Corin's thread on the History and Eras of Australian Bushcraft. I support my reasoning for this nomination due to the fact that is in the couple of days that it has been open, to the fact that it has already lead to a great deal of history discussion that, I for one, had no idea about, particularily when considering the timeline in comparison to other world events that were occuring at the time. Additionally, this thread has a basis, particularily with Templar and Aussie123's comments that will hopefully show how that bushcrafting skills are common thoughout the world, notwithstanding the considerations brought about by enviromental challanges (I have little need to study finding water as it is hard to go a mile in most places where I am without tripping over a stream or lake, but maintaining a fire/shelter are extremely high in priority due to the concern with hypothermia)

http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?3094-Timeline-of-Australian-Bushcraft

John "Bubba5603"

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Well, since it is the 4th July (closing date) and there's only been two votes so far, I'm gonna vote for:

BUSHCRAFT - REUSE and RECYCLE: http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?3244-BUSHCRAFT-REUSE-and-RECYCLE&highlight=walker

Yeah, it's a self-vote. Nah, I don't have tickets on me self, but there's two serious reasons:

1. It's one of the things that is historically essential in bushcraft (particularly in Oz where the local shop could be many 100's of miles away). And, many of the ideas to reuse stuff were brilliant and innovative, making life that much easier in a difficult and unforgiving landscape.
2. I wanna win THIRD prize!

Best of luck to the other nominees, respectively, Corin and Chutes - may you share both 1st & 2nd! :;):

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
It is a good thread, I would happily nominate it, but have done so already. only get one.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
As ever I am not interested in winning, I have the prizes or don't need. Lets get some fresh blood in. Walker, a deserving thread. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
It was all said in jest - tongue-firmly-in-cheek ... I SWEAR! :_(A):

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember what threads have been started in May. Any way to get a list ?

john

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
HI GUY'S,
im having trouble navigating the voting thing for this month , so i hope this vote gets through , like to vote for aussie 123 and his post on how to carry fire. (wish my home stichers pictorial didn't get pulled , but i understand)
GOD BLESS

chutes

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
HI GUY'S,
im having trouble navigating the voting thing for this month , so i hope this vote gets through , like to vote for aussie 123 and his post on how to carry fire. (wish my home stichers pictorial didn't get pulled , but i understand)
GOD BLESS

I second that nomination - http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?3252-How-to-carry-fire-Smudge-fire

And thanks for the nomination of the ABUK thread Dusty M. Best wishes to all the nominees - the amount of knowledge and expertise on this forum still astounds me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.