Machette recomendations.

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey chasps & chaspettes.
I'm thinking it's about time to upgrade the ol' machette.
My hiking piece has seen better days & is now well over 20 years old & has done some serious work over that time, so I'm thinking it might enjoy the easy living in the back of my 4wd from now on. Here's wots happening.
I'm planning some serious deer hunting trecks into the back country next year during winter (yeah I know it's a long way off but I've got plenty to plan & like to be well prepared) so I'm sorting gear startin now. New pack (old one has had one too many repars), I'm thinkin a hammock setup for sleepin (too old & rickety for ground sleeping nowadays), & a nice new new axe & machette.
As most of you will know I'm currently looking at various axes (GB small forrest axe is winning out at present) so now it's time to look at the 'chette'.
Now I must say I've always had a preferenece for the Kukri style machete. I find the curved blade easy & comfortable to use.
However, recently I had a look at the machette made by BHK & like the looks of it a lot. They have some good idea whcih they've incorperated into their piece which I like a lot. I've decided that quality is a must (hence leaning toward the GB axe) & I like the quality of the BHK products so at present that's my #1 choice but I dont want to cut myself off to any other possibilities. So once again, here it comes - recomendations please?

Thanks very much everyone for putting up with my requests.
Your suggestions are really very much appreciated.

Bill A.

BHK job below.
More imnfo here http://www.bhkoutdoors.com/machete.htm

Attachments

Last edited:

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Many thanks once again Templar.
Shall do.

Bill A.