lots of bang for buck!

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Great review from a knife tester and enthusiast. Approximately au$39.00 delivered. I've bought from these guys before, and even had the cost of a knife refunded when one arrived broken.

Last edited:

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
It's typically longer than what I want, but these are just too good. All those linked have D2 steel blades; previous samples have been tested and came in at 62rh - which is incredible. A wharncliffe, a drop point that's almost a spear point, and for want of a proper description, a straight back, which is advertised as a drop point, but clearly isn't. All prices are in US, but should be close to the au$39.00 posted for the first knife. I'm no expert, but if you're a beginner any of these are very easy recommendations. D2 steel is pretty good, and ganzo knives have a good reputation. I have one of their knives in 440c - it's the knife I have used the most. Also the blade on that thing is tough even though the steel is on the lower end of the scale. I assumed it was due to their heat treat. That knife, like many, came with an uneven bevel; it took me ages to fix it with a stone. That was over a year ago. I've only had to strop it since. I consider it one of my beater knives for home - it just gets used.

Last edited:

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
An update: I have received 3 of the four knives. They are all great. I ordered one, then about a week later decided I wanted the other 3. I'm still waiting on that first knife. The tracking shows it arriving to Australia, but not yet collected by Australia Post. I contacted Australia Post - they found the same thing. I contacted Fasttech, and they said give it 2 or 3 weeks, which I've done. I've contacted them again today, and their response is that they are going to chase it up.

This company is pretty awesome. This isn't really their problem; I was just hoping they'd know who I could follow it up with. On a previous order the knife arrived with a broken liner lock. I sent photos of it and they refunded the money straight away. I'm very fast to damn bad business. I can't fault these guys, more so because they're not high end, high cost knives. I recommend them, and also cheaper than gearbest. Unfortunately, it looks like they have none of the ganzo d2 knives in stock now.