Looking for a poncho

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
G'day all. I know this has probably been covered elsewhere but I am hoping you can help me.
I want to get a waterproof poncho similar to the Sea to Summit Ultra-sil Nano tarp poncho.
Unfortunately, they only seem to make it in bright blue and even brighter yellow.
I would prefer a more muted colour like tan, coyote or dark green so I don't stick out like a sore thumb but there doesn't seem to be anything out there that I can see.
I have a nylon Auscam poncho which has served me well over the years but I don't want to look like some reject from Australian Preppers and am trying to minimise anything patterned.
Anywho, if anyone can guide me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. I want something in sil nylon to help me make a lightweight kit.
Cheers
Bloffy

Havamal

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I have a MEST silnylon poncho tarp in Coyote...I purchased it in the USA for around $60.

1.5m x 2m and around 300g

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
https://www.military1st.com.au/search/go?p=Q&srid=S4-1LON2P&lbc=au&ts=custom-au&w=poncho&uid=371059505&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=24

These are not Silnylon.

Some are muted colours. Delivery included in price (all comes from UK) I’ve used them before, very happy.
I have the grey Sea to summit Ultra-sil, it is lightweight but holes very very easily; I’m guessing they don’t make it any longer. If you aren’t bush bashing then ultra-sil is probably fine, mine holed out on a 4 km coastal path walk. I wrote to Sea to summit wanting to buy a piece of silnylon to patch with and they sent me some for free( they have excellent customer service)

The other poncho I have is the one I got from the BCOZ store, it’s olive drab and heavier, Blake might recall where he sourced them.

Military first stock the Hazard 4 Poncho Villa, which is the Rolls Royce of ponchos, but is same price as a bottle of Limeburners...

Last edited: