Log Cabin Tobacco Tins (round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got these in bulk from a friend, and have 20 left over.

I'm looking for:

- firesteel handle material (I have 10 blanks) such as deer antler, bone, etc.
- flint striker
- ???

Anyone up for a swap?

Around 3 inches across (3 inch army firesteel inside) and 3/4 inch deep. The lid has a seal.

It should be quite obvious but they smell like tobacco :) Some small dints and scratches in some but otherwise they are in excellent condition.

P1000324.jpg

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Do they all have the health warning on them..??

GTVi

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I have similar tobacco tins...I find the health warnings/pictures/writing can be rubbed off with acetone.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Yep they are all more recent tins so nothing aged or nostalgic / collectable.

If you're chasing ones like that I can ask but they are not what I have at hand.

I'm also trying to get my hands on some of the rectangular shaped ones, just waiting for the right connections.

Thanks for the tip GTVi - if the seal was removable then i'd soak the whole things in it to try and get rid of that smell too.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
You could try boiling them, that would get the smell out or just remove the lids and dump some Arm & Hammer in there for a few days...

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep they are all more recent tins so nothing aged or nostalgic / collectable.

If you're chasing ones like that I can ask but they are not what I have at hand.

I'm also trying to get my hands on some of the rectangular shaped ones, just waiting for the right connections.

Thanks for the tip GTVi - if the seal was removable then i'd soak the whole things in it to try and get rid of that smell too.

I hunt these down for tinder/fire kit pouch kits I make..I got about 5 so far but not so keen with the newer ones with the health warning all over them...Let me know if you get any of those older ones,trade you something.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Not sure really, I was hoping for a few small pieces to do a couple of steels and maybe one longer piece from a tip that I can do for a special one... not trying to be compact with that one.

I have no idea what it's worth normally... just throwing this out there.

climbndrive

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Hey preppers,still up for a swap, i will post some offcuts and you can decide what they are worth in tins,only need 2 for maya dust and other stuff send me your details in notifications and will get some to you asap.Cheers.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey mate, I got 3 whole racks off my neighbour. I'll send you some tins anyway. I have them coming out my ears. PM me your address and how many you want.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Tins came it the mail yesterday really cool thanks AussiePreppers...:_sii:

laplander 015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.