Last Trackers of the Outback (Movie)

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score

Last Trackers of the Outback

Vimeo Movie
Length: 50mins

The Last Trackers of the Outback is a 2007 Doco film about Aboriginal trackers in Australia.
The films tells the story of the last of the native Aboriginal trackers in Australia and documents their unique tracking capacities and the usefulness of their tracking skills, for example in cattle breeding and in police investigations. The film explores the unique skills of these trackers and the importance to understand and record this knowledge before the great trackers disappear and take their secrets and extraordinary skills with them. Featured in the documentary are some of the last great trackers of the outback such as Tommy George.

[video=vimeo;51919067]http://vimeo.com/51919067[/video]

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Mozzie
thank you so very much for the video, I have not seen it before but have heard of the two trackers Teddy and George before.
I would agree with the SES guy even knowing 10% of knowledge of an Experienced Tracker would de incredible, in fact knowing 10% of aboriginal knowledge of Nature would be overwhelming .

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Its great isnt it Auscraft, ive watched it several times over the years.....then i thought, is it on the forum here!, did a search and much surprised it wasn't.

Mozz

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
My oath it Mozzie
The knowledge that aboriginals have and willing to share is unbelievable , and to see and hear such genuine respect and appreciation from others is great.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Brilliant to see. Admiration for these guys and their skills is beyond words. Thanks for the share Moz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm speechless at the skill these trackers have. It's at a level beyond attention to detail...

Its almost like rather than just only look at this and look at that hoping to see a marker, instead they are so familiar with the untouched bush that these out of place details stand out. Amazing and so humble!