Kydex Sheaths

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a kydex sheath maker in Australia? The two guys i've used in the past seem to have shut up shop and google isn't bring me much joy :(

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a kydex sheath maker in Australia? The two guys i've used in the past seem to have shut up shop and google isn't bring me much joy :(
I've never looked, but I have seen kydex sheath kits around. They are just blanks roughly the size and shape of different sized fix blades. You have to shape them to your knife yourself. I've reshaped (loosened or tightened) some sheaths. If I was into fixed blades I'd probably look at making my own - I don't think it would be too hard. I think you basically use your knife as the mold.

Last edited:

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
There was a gent up in Cairns that made kydex sheaths . The last time I spoke to him he said he had a battle with cancer and hopefully he would be able to get back to making them. Don't know what I did with his number, but I'll do some digging.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've thought about trying to make my own as i wouldn't mind making some pistol holsters as well....I just dont have the space atm :(

If you could find anything barra650 it would be great!

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've thought about trying to make my own as i wouldn't mind making some pistol holsters as well....I just dont have the space atm :(

If you could find anything barra650 it would be great!
Trying to find the gent up in Cairns , no luck at the moment . I did have his phone number , but not anymore .

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Whoa, that's a lot of kydex :ROFLMAO:
it will be, but I think it might be worth it. But I am still thinking I may try and make a leather one for it myself. I was in contact with the bloke today and his pricing is very reasonable but once you factor in postage both ways from Brisbane to Melbourne (plus insurance as I don't want to take the chance that AusPost loses my knife:mad:) I am looking at $200 which is almost as much as I paid for the bloody knife. I am thinking I can make a leather sheath myself for $150 (or less).....as I have all the leather tools anyway, or at least my old man does.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
If n
it will be, but I think it might be worth it. But I am still thinking I may try and make a leather one for it myself. I was in contact with the bloke today and his pricing is very reasonable but once you factor in postage both ways from Brisbane to Melbourne (plus insurance as I don't want to take the chance that AusPost loses my knife:mad:) I am looking at $200 which is almost as much as I paid for the bloody knife. I am thinking I can make a leather sheath myself for $150 (or less).....as I have all the leather tools anyway, or at least my old man does.
Came across this bloke when I wasn't looking. He found that even between the same model cold steel knives there was enough difference so that a sheath for one knife wouldn't fit the other as well. From what you've said about the von tempsky, you'd definitely want to get a sheath made for your particular knife. That really rules out anything in the US, and pretty much means you will need to get the knife to whoever makes the sheath. What about a leather worker / saddle maker? These guys might even come close by :D. Otherwise, when they're back home?

Last edited: