Knapp-nic

koalaboi

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Earlier this year Corin suggested that a knapping workshop would be an option worth exploring. At the time, my mum's health was up and down and committing to a date was problematic.

I wrote to him a while back suggesting next Sunday but he must have been busy.

What I'm thinking is that we have a meeting near my place (The Entrance NSW) that is:

1. family friendly...a picnic...hence the coined word Knapp-nic!
2. we can do some knapping plus swap rock/flint and have a general chat
3. I could lead a quick walk to an old stone tool making site near the picnic area...kids, partners welcome (there's a beaut kiddies rock pool nearby too)

I reckon sometime (Sunday from about 10.30 - 11.00am) in September/October would be the go.

For people travelling, there's lots of cheap accommodation in nearby caravan parks with surfing/fishing etc all handy. The Entrance itself has plenty of great stuff to do for families plus parents etc.

If there's enough interest, I'll set a date and get out some more details on accommodation, location, what to bring etc.

Regards,

KB

Aussie Forager CQ

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Mate that sounds awesome! An Aussie Knap-in!! I would be keen as.

The only issue for me is distance, I am in Rockhampton so it's a fair effort but not impossible. If I was closer I wouldn't even blink an eye. It'd be about a 15hr drive each way for me at the moment which really puts out a simple weekender, or I would have to get transport after flying into Sydney. Not impossible just a bit of planning needed either way.

September definately out for me (walking the kokoda track) so October would be the earliest I personally could do anything.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been busy alright mate, I have not been on here for a long time, and there is not yet a light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry I never got back to you, but in any case I like your idea better!

Count me in!

koalaboi

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
If there's sufficient interest, let's do it.

Thanks for the reply AF. I don't know if coming all the way down here would be worth it for you...I appreciate the confidence though!

We can make a call on when and if it runs in late September.

An October event would be good: spring, whales running back down the coast etc.

KB

Aussie Forager CQ

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Cool, I had a look at the calendar and there is a public holiday in October, labour day I think, not sure if that's for all. Maybe a good long weekend option.........hint hint hint :) I'll keep my eye on when it runs and try to make something work either way. Would be great!