BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just out of Melbourne?

Shovel

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m new here, but loving exploring the site.
I’m stuck in lockdown in Melbourne and dreaming of getting out of the city for a night or two after all this. Somewhere a close drive, where I can disappear to a bit of bush with a creek and try my luck with my EST shovel.
Anyone got any great recommendations for where to have a few nights under a tarp?

thanks.

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m new here, but loving exploring the site.
I’m stuck in lockdown in Melbourne and dreaming of getting out of the city for a night or two after all this. Somewhere a close drive, where I can disappear to a bit of bush with a creek and try my luck with my EST shovel.
Anyone got any great recommendations for where to have a few nights under a tarp?

thanks.
Welcome to this forum Shovel, good to have you onboard.
Can't help you with a camp site where you are Shovel, not my area, but maybe someone else on here can help. Best of luck.
Regards, Keith.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome.
I'm not sure which direction you want to head in, but Wombat Forest can be nice, Murrendindi, Grampians ?

Shovel

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks, Aussie123. I’m in the north of the city. Looking for something about 90min away. Will check those out , thanks! What about Bunyip?

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Bunyip is good.
Check "Murrindindi scenic reserve" too. Is north and approx 90 mins ... perfect ?

leninator

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Lerderderg state park is pretty good for what you're after. VERY close to the city/inner suburbs (30 mins from where I am), plus dispersed camping allowed all throughout the conservation zone (just no solid fuel fires unfortunately!).