Jaffle iron Nachos

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
Have looked at some of the recent and not so recent mouth watering treats posted on this site, I've been inspired to share one of my own.

Pretty simple really, corn chips, salsa and cheese, on top of a good dose of cooking spray. We used grated Australian Tasty here but Mozzarella would give the preferred stringy texture. Served with a dob of sour cream if so desired.
My son in law made them up and he was very careful in placing the coatings on each corn chip as he layered them....more careful than I would have been.

We were going to try making little dampers in them, but that will have to wait until next time.

As far as jaffles go, the usual is thin white bread with ham cheese and tomato with a dash of cayenne pepper. Ham cheese and pineapple, is another common one we have.

P1180888.jpgP1180890.jpgP1180898.jpgP1180899.jpg

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, want to come to the NSW meet and give a nachos demonstration?

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
LOL, Wentworth..I just might get up there one day...I loved the Blue Mountains the one time I went, and would love to see more of NSW's natural beauty.

Sounds great, darren, I do like Stagg chilli and have used it in jaffles on it's own - in bread I mean.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
mate that is brilliant, I have a set of cast iron jaffle irons and have never used then as of yet, going to give this a shot.