Jack Absalom

lou1661

Russell Coight
Reaction score

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I remember him on TV here back in the... (???) not sure how long ago. I did watch him, (it was probably the days when out here in the bush we had the ABC and one other channel so not a lot to watch) some of his stuff was interesting but I really couldn't get get to warm to him as a person or as a presenter. By the way while some of the info in the series was interesting .... some was pure BS. (IMHO)

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
I loved his "bush mechanic" tips.

His book, "Outback cooking in the camp oven" was a huge inspiration in my early days of camp cooking.

My favourite recipe is his "mock fish" or "Nullabore fish" which is based on grated potato.

lou1661

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I will have to see if i can track down a copy, sounds like a good read.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Jacks. I have his cook book. Some great recipes in there.

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Jack Absolam is from Broken Hill and so am I originally. Jack is also a well renowned painter. My Grandfather actually taught him how to paint. Jack took my Grandfather and a friend on a trip out to the Flinders Ranges. When Jack saw the other two painting the landscapes he asked if they had some spares so he could have a go too. They lent him some gear, taught him the basics and the rest is history.

I have the full Jack Absolam TV series on DVD, his cookbook and also another book called "Safe Outback Travel".