Introducing my favorite Hiking Boots from the German Army.....in Afghanistan...

Bush-Mate

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hey Mates,

any Mates of you know I came from the Long Distance Hiking Szene, before my interest for BC was born.

So, in my life I walked maybe 35.000 Kilometer....the most of the time in Bavaria...!

At the moment here is my favorite Hiking Boots from the German Army, developed for the German Soldiers (especially the Special Forces) in Afghanistan and arround the world.

Never ever I had better boots on my feets, ok..it`s a Gore Hiker....normally not my favorite....!

The Sole had fantastic grip, hold awesome long (my oldest boots I`d hiked 1.500 kilometer and is still Profile on it to have grip and keep goin). "The only soles I know you can compare ot this are from Redbacks....TPU...they also awesome!"

You have to know I only use Boots...and I have 4 Pairs of this boots..

The insoles I took out, because I want to have nearly the barefoot feeling...the sole is very flexible how good boots sole must be....Haix use Gore XCR....

...also the soles is fuel, oil, and skid resistant, with a non-marking, self-cleaning, antistatic tread. Excellent insulation against heat and cold.

My boots had seen everything....cold wheater with snow and - 30 degree, heat, rain, dust, all kind of trails and bushwalks....

What is your favorite bush Hiking Boots.....?

And no, I have nothing to do with this Boot Company.....!!!

Cheers

Ralf

Attachments

Last edited:

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Wow those look like a great pair of boots. I could never take the insole out though, I have trouble enough walking on really nice insoles compared to none at all! (Different strokes for different folks etc.)

Can you tell us the maker and type, and did they size the same as other shoes you wear?

Bush-Mate

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hey,

sry, that`s my mistake, have a look...Haix is correct, P9 Airpower.

The size is normaly as UK, also simular to Aussie Size.

The P9 have enogh space in the forefoot, that you toe`s can play, it means no worries if you have wide feet.

The area at the heel is slim (some people have problems when you have a really strong Heel, but in the most of the cases I know they can break in). The last from P 9 is a little bit special, Haix called this AS-System (also strong heel and the middle part of the food with a wide pace for the forefoot and the toes).

And never buy a boot to short, even the next size. A good clue is, take the insole out and you need a min. from maybe 1-2 centimeter. For example: I know after 20 Kilometer of hiking - is these the right boots for me, because the feet swell in heat under hiking.

Also you have to know, a membrane works only when it`s in the boots hoter than outside or with other words...outside not more as maybe 20 degress.

@ Aussiepreppers

you ever tried SPENCO Insoles...they are pretty good, especially when you have porblems...Mom.

https://www.victor-sports.com/products/spenco/orthotics-insoles/

I searched also for the Hx and see, how funny, they have a hot offer for these boots. But I also noticed it looks as they have a new Hook to fix up u heel. (sry I am tired, I can not explain better in English now, also heavy rain pours down and we have had a bad grey day..so I drink coffee)

Compare my pics, with the Link from Hx. And you need to know, Haix Boots are really: Made in Germany, not in East Europe or something else...

http://www.haix-bootstore.com/clearance/13/airpower-p91-desert?c=12

Good Socks are duty, what kind of socks your Mates prefer in OZ. I prefer Merino Socks from Woolpower Wildlife `400 Series (from Sweden). Pretty good!

Cheers

Ralf

Last edited:

Bush-Mate

Les Stroud
Reaction score
So Mates,

puuh, I did a few telephon calls (with Hx directly, they know me), because for my reputation for information about this boots.

I was curios, about the hook, and also the price and if Hx have had a Distribution in OZ if anyone have really interest for these boots.

So after some telephone calls, I write the right man an E-Mail and ask for more information.

I hope I get a quick response and then hopefully I can give you exactly information:

* how much cost the boot
* the same standart boots as in Germany
* how much would cost delivery
* or even better a distribution in OZ

And have nobody interest is also ok. We will see...!

All the best meanwhile...

Ralf

Last edited:

Bush-Mate

Les Stroud
Reaction score
So Mates,

I don`t have forget this Thread.

Unfortunately I didn`t get a answer from German Haix Company. So I wrote a second E-Mail if it`s possible to get more information about the points I ask.

No response, no answers, ...yepp I`m a little bit in bad temper, because if I say YES..I mean YES and if I say NO - I mean NO!

We will see, maybe I get a answer in the future.

To be patient is not my best attitude!

Cheers

Ralf

Last edited:

Bush-Mate

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hi AP,

yepp sounds simular to my socks, especially the mixture.

Merino is awesome, but for example Icebreaker...to expensive and in hard use not really etablished (my experience). So I would mean, good to prefer a Mixture with synthetic rubber and Merino for long walks.

Cheers

Ralf

Last edited: