Inaugural WA meet

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I'll be rugged up, that's for sure!

Seeing as this is more of a camp out than a minimalist hike, I'm bringing a small, easily carried esky with some beers and some delicious ingredients to make some stuffed sweet potatoes (If we're having an open fire).

If we're on gas it's mexi-rice, tortillas and cheese sticks!

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Never used a hammock, but after joining the forum, I have bought one. Hopefully you will be able to help me rig it correctly and show me where the fridge fits....
Thrud, did you get the optional solar panels for your hammock, or the gas powered generator?

You'll have problems with the former due to the weather, and make sure you bring plenty of beans if its the latter!

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Never used a hammock, but after joining the forum, I have bought one. Hopefully you will be able to help me rig it correctly and show me where the fridge fits....
Happy to help! You mean you didn't get the fridge suspension system when you ordered the hammock:^o):

Bunyipbait

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
hey fellas
I have to bloody work this Saturday and won't finish til late so I'll only be able to join you guys on Sunday. My bro, Decco, is going though. Hope its a fun night!
Bunyipbait

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just a quick update. DEC fees need to be paid at the Walyunga NP entrance (off Gt. Northern Hwy just south of Bullsbrook) prior to entering our secret camping area. Please place your money in the envelopes provided and deposit it into the lock-box. Display the envelope tear-off on your windscreen. Vehicle entry fee is $11 and camping fees are $7/person/night. I will deposit Bloffy’s money as he will be arriving late on Friday night.

I phoned DEC and they said we can have a camp cooking fire (6pm-11pm) as long as it has a 3 m clearance area around it, is attended and we have a means of extinguishing it. So it looks we will have a camp fire!!!!

With all this rain the little stream next to the camp should have started to flow again too!

Doc

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
On one hand, you'd think DEC woulda got their stuff together so we could pay online, print off a bar-coded ticket, and bung it on the dashboard.
Then all the ranger would need is a handheld scanner that would read the bar code, which, of course, would be embedded with the rego, dates, number of people and location, and we'd be sweet.

On the other hand, having to duck into Walyunga on the way up, and Doc's personal acquaintance with the ranger, keeps the riff-raff out, and us responsible types get to enjoy it, free of gennies, loud music and general mayhem.

Just sayin'. Feel free to continue the discussion of the management of our NP's around the fire Satdee night.

Thanks again, Doc. And Bloffy for pushing a date. (Not that type. You know what I mean)

Seeyaz there!

B

Bourby

Account Inactive
Well after borrowing a mates 2man tent & old bergan to carry everything i realise why i'm a car camper............Will be keen to checkout a compact & efficient System......

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I've sent mine to Doc, I think that Bloffy is the official scribe...

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Doc, Bloffy13,Thrud, X

X is classified hence the shemagh.