Horse trek.

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Ok so last night went really really well. This is definitely doable 😁. I’m going to have to cool my heels over Christmas but then I will be back into it. Cheers Peter.......and a black and white picture because I’m playing with the camera setting 😁

Attachments

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with what I'm going to have on the horses head ( when I'm riding it ). I think I'm going to go with rope. It has 101 uses out bush, I can carry a heap of it.

Attachments

Kindliing

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I have slightly change my plans by extending my southern boundary. Basically I should be able to just follow the grass/ feed around from season to season
Looks like your trek may be planned through a lot of bushfire areas from what I've seen on the news Peter.

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
LOL yes I have noticed that. This area was actually my 2nd choice. My first choice was in Western Australia. But I have basically zero dessert experience, so I choose a environment that I'm extremely familiar with. I'm pretty sure I could gem myself through a bushfire, but I would be extremely concerned about putting the horses in harm's way. As it is I have been dodging the fires with my 3 current horses. Cheers Peter

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I'm heading down to a funky sort of rock out crop to spend 3 months or so. I will make it all homely, rig up a bit of a yard for the horses all that sort of stuff. I will then get some brumbies this winter to break. Then head back down there next summer with the brumbies. Anyway I will see you guys in a bit. Cheers Peter

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I'm heading down to a funky sort of rock out crop to spend 3 months or so. I will make it all homely, rig up a bit of a yard for the horses all that sort of stuff. I will then get some brumbies this winter to break. Then head back down there next summer with the brumbies. Anyway I will see you guys in a bit. Cheers Peter
I had an uncle who used to live on a station near omeo. He would catch brumbies on horseback. Something he did for fun; he used to compete in rodeos.