Home project result - damper

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
SAMPLE ASSESSMENT FOR: A simple home cooked damper.
STUDENT: Bloffy
DATE: 13 September 2015
PICTURE 1 SHOWING: The outside of the damper, with no burning on the outside.

DSC_0399.jpg

PICTURE 2 SHOWING: The inside of the damper, with a firm centre.

DSC_0401.jpg

PICTURE 3 SHOWING: Buttered up with Promite and cheese, ready for me to eat.

DSC_0402.jpg

It was a little dense because I didn't add as much water as I could have but it still tasted fantastic.

Cheers
Bloffy

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Vegemite is no longer Australian owned! Ask Dick Smith. That is why he made Aussiemite.
Otherwise can I get a tick in the box?
You lads obviously survived the weekend. Must say, you are both very un WESTERN Australian. How dare you go CAMPING when our two glorious WA AFL teams were doing us proud?
Shame, shame, shame....
Cheers
Bloffy

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Thanks Aussie. I'm so proud!
I cooked it about 4pm for a snack but it was filling that I couldn't eat tea until about 8.30pm.
It was bloody yummy and will be on the menu for future.
I tried dry frying it with just some dry flour in the bottom which did give it a slightly sour taste. I will go back to oil again in the future, I think.
Thanks again for putting these courses up. It's a fun way to learn or refresh skills.
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Vegemite is no longer Australian owned! Ask Dick Smith. That is why he made Aussiemite.
Otherwise can I get a tick in the box?
You lads obviously survived the weekend. Must say, you are both very un WESTERN Australian. How dare you go CAMPING when our two glorious WA AFL teams were doing us proud?
Shame, shame, shame....
Cheers
Bloffy
Fair point on what can be best described as repackaged axle grease. I can't say I'm much of a fan of any of the varieties.
The main game happened Friday night. I'm not much interested in how those interlopers from the wharf are faring.

Most unAustralian of all, was none of us made a damper, despite the glorious fire on offer. Which makes a fail for us!

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
And to think I once broke bread and shared beveridges with you Redtail, or is that Turntail... lol.
Give us a month and we'll be hard pressed to remember who won.
Peter, my original go to was Golden Syrup with thick cut tasty cheese but there wasn't any, much to my dismay. It would be the first time in a long time there hasn't been GS in our pantry.
Cheers
Bloffy