Hiking Boot Inner Soles

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advise on inner soles, who wears inner soles in their hiking boots and what brand are they or what do you recommend ?
The reason I ask this is I have a pair of Vasque Breeze hiking boots that are a few months old and now that I'm hiking every day the comfort has depleted from the standard insole.
I do wear quality hiking socks (Bridgedale/Explorer) all the time but my feet are starting to ache after about an hour now, it started last week actually when I wore my hiking boots to the mall for a few hours,
won't be doing that again I can tell you. I don't want a cheap n nasty set that will need to be replaced after 50 hours hiking either. *Superfeet any good for their price ?

My boots . . .

My socks . . .

cheers,
Bezerker

cookie

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I just got some new innersoles for my Bunya hiking boots from athletes foot. The checked my foot on the machine and recommended one which was about $40. Made a huge improvement on the original ones. Can remember what the brand was, something like orthofoot etc.. I was looking at superfeet but couldnt find anywhere to try them.

Your boots arnt to tight / narrow? have you tried lighter socks?

cheers

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I have been using Superfeet inner soles for quite a while and I find them very comfortable. The ones best suited to hiking are the green or orange (more padding) varieties. Paddy Palin stock them and will give you a refund, within two months, if you are not happy with them.

Good luck with the choices!

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
thx for info, boots are not too tight, they fit perfect, I have thick & thin socks (see pic)

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thx Doc, I was just looking at the green ones actually. thx for info :)

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I use Oliver insoles and find them most suitable. The insoles that came in my asolo boots felt like concrete after 15 minutes of walking. New insoles did make the boots a much tighter fit for a while but they soon wore in.

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Go to Rebel sport. they have a full rack of inner soles for different needs. I got some for my daughter there
You probably should identify the reason for the sore feet though and target that issue.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing really wrong with my feet.
"I'm hiking every day the comfort has depleted from the standard insole."
last time I went to Rebel sport they didn't even supply hiking boots lol but I'll have a look thx :D

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Another vote for Superfeet though I get mine from the US. Have them in 3 of my shoes now. Agree with the suggestion of green for hiking but I also have the blue in a pair of shoes and most recently got the new marino to try in some boots that were freebies (brand new!) but just slightly too big (the marino ones appear to be the thickest).

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Well I just forked out for a pair of Superfeet Green from Paddy Palin's ebay store :D
Let ya know how they turn out for my footses

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
I used to use the inner soles from Dunlop volleys, They were bloody fantastic, but the new type are not so good now days. The message here is, that considering the price of some inserts, it's worth looking inside cheap runners as an alternative even if you throw away the runners.

The local $2 shop has some that I've tried...none of them lasted long.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Bushchef uses the green superfeet and says they're great.
I have my walking shoes slightly larger than my everyday shoes because my feet get a "pump" like any working muscle and that makes standard shoes feel a bit tighter.
The bridgedale socks you have there are great. Mine are over three years old and are still going strong after a lot of walking

bubba5603

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I use gel insoles in all of my boots, especially for work. They are excellent for walking, especially considering the amount of arthritis in my knee following so many surgeories I had in the army as they absorb a fair part of the shock that the feet and knees take with every step. I can definately notice the difference between when I do and do not have them it. I think that the ones I am using right now are the "Dr. Scholls" gel type. Highly recommend them

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Good info about inner soles there guys, thx for sharing. I usually wear Doc Martins around the streets but haven't had a pair for about 2 years.
My hiking boots are the only thing I have to wear at the moment too until I find another pair of Docs.
I wasn't able to walk much for the last 2 1/2 years due to a back injury, now I've healed I'm averaging 25km a week to rebuild my core strength :D