Hidden Woodsmen Dayruck

clckclck

Russell Coight
Reaction score
New pack day!

Finally got a Hidden Woodsmen Dayruck after eyeing it off for a couple of years.

I’ve taken it on a few small one day hikes and it is really comfortable! I was using a Duluth Scout Pack before and I could never get used to the shoulder straps.

I usually pack the Dayruck with a tarp, light hammock and the usual essentials. My favorite thing about the pack so far is the internal side pockets. It fits a steel canteen nicely with extra room if needed. I usually put a folding saw, some tent stakes & my knife in the other side to save everything rolling about. The internal orange lining is pretty snazzy aswell.

It has Molle webbing on the sides and stops at the bottom to tie a wool blanket or jacket.

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
If you intend to carry a foam mat on the outside of the pack, suggest you put it in a sturdy cloth (e.g. Canvas) bag to stop it getting ripped apart on bush. I often see blue 'breadcrumbs' scattered through the bush where people didn't protect their mat. The blue ones can also be a hazard to Bowerbirds who collect blue objects.

clckclck

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Very nice!! Is that the one that can be put on an Alice pack frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it’s just the day Pack. Approximately 25-30ltrs in capacity. It could attach to an Alice Pack frame at a pinch though. It has enough spaces to secure it to the frame.

clckclck

Russell Coight
Reaction score
If you intend to carry a foam mat on the outside of the pack, suggest you put it in a sturdy cloth (e.g. Canvas) bag to stop it getting ripped apart on bush. I often see blue 'breadcrumbs' scattered through the bush where people didn't protect their mat. The blue ones can also be a hazard to Bowerbirds who collect blue objects.
Great suggestion :)