BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from WA

silver_capsicum

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Hi all, I've spent a long while lurking but thought I should actually sign up and participate!

🌿

I'm in WA, unfortunately don't have any land aside from a very small backyard but love getting out camping, cooking on fires and doing as much as you can do in dpaw campsites. When I was younger I had a mate that lived on a station so got a taste for wild camping, shooting for food etc and hope to one day find that again.

Also used to do a lot of hiking, but with a one and three year old time is precious. I try to get them outdoors as much as possible. I've also been trying more of the diy stuff I've seen here lately like making cordage, stoves and knives, which is very satisfying on a limited budget and time.

Anyway seeya round!

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Welcome aboard.
Sounds like you've had lots of fun ... now you get to do it with kids. It can be difficult, but rewarding too

silver_capsicum

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Thanks 😊

Yes the 3 year old has great delight in telling me which order to put sticks on the fire, and the other day was very excited when he was allowed to light one with leaves instead of newspaper!

Wasn't very impressed with my efforts with a hand drill when I could have been pushing him on the swing though. Our one year old was walking around all afternoon rubbing his hands together and blowing 😂

Tomorrow we'll have an expedition into the swampy area near my parents' house and cook some sausages for lunch, they'll love it