BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Sydney

Craig H

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just want to say hi and thanks for having me here.

I only started camping a few years ago, but I went from the kiddy-pool to the deep-end pretty much overnight. I spent 1 night camped out with mates in a plush, serviced campground (Coolendel) then I jumped straight into a 20+ night self-drive tour of The Kimberley region in my 4WD with my wife (also an inexperienced camper). By the end of it, we were both seasoned car-campers. I learnt so much on that epic trip, and now I've just discovered the world of hike-in/hike-out "bushcrafty" camping and I'm Here to learn more.

Here's some pics from my first hike-in/hike-out camp trip to Kanagra-Boyd National Park recently, where I learnt that tarps don't do so well pitched on rock, attached to fire-ravaged trees, on top of mountains, when gale force winds start roaring at 4am. Mother Nature is a good teacher like that... But it was so worth it 😁

IMG_1287.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg
IMG_1353.jpg

Kindliing

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just want to say hi and thanks for having me here.

I only started camping a few years ago, but I went from the kiddy-pool to the deep-end pretty much overnight. I spent 1 night camped out with mates in a plush, serviced campground (Coolendel) then I jumped straight into a 20+ night self-drive tour of The Kimberley region in my 4WD with my wife (also an inexperienced camper). By the end of it, we were both seasoned car-campers. I learnt so much on that epic trip, and now I've just discovered the world of hike-in/hike-out "bushcrafty" camping and I'm Here to learn more.

Here's some pics from my first hike-in/hike-out camp trip to Kanagra-Boyd National Park recently, where I learnt that tarps don't do so well pitched on rock, attached to fire-ravaged trees, on top of mountains, when gale force winds start roaring at 4am. Mother Nature is a good teacher like that... But it was so worth it 😁

View attachment 28359
View attachment 28360
View attachment 28361

G’day Craig .
The things we do for a good view from camp .:)

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
G'day from me down in the Illawarra. Some stunning photos you have there.

Alton goods Tarp, they get around, mine just spent a few days up in the Kangaroo Valley ;)

Welcome to Bushcraft Oz (y)

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Craig.

Great pics from Kanagra Walls. You did a good job getting the tarp taut up there.

Lots of happy memories of that National Park :)

Chigger

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Splendid photos which bring back many memories of my walks in Kanangra Boyd Nat Park.

Welcome here there is so much to learn and share.