Hi from Picton NSW

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

great to see this group and the information being shared here. Thanks also to Ozhaggishead, for the recommendation to check it out.

Some may know me from my Bush food and medicine facebook group,

I am a very keen bushwalker, kayaker, canoeist, blacksmith, knifemaker, didge player, carver (bone, wood, stone etc) and bushcrafter, and spend many voluntary hours teaching these skills to others including the younger generation.

I will try and add to the plant registry over the next few weeks as time permits, feel free to join the facebook group, we have about 120 pictures on there now and 400 odd members.

I also love big bush constructions such as rope bridges and two storey tents...

Here are some that show some of the things I get up to...

Last edited:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
G'day
Welcome and great pics. grab a log join in

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate! Great to have you here. Looks like you have alot to add! I really look forward to reading your posts.

Love Picton BTW!

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Corin is a top knifemaker...Just need to catch up on the sheath making a bit.;)

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Blake and OZ, Its true my sheathmaking leaves a little to be desired.... Oz laughs at me when I work leather on the anvil, but hey, at least I am having a go! If you need anything made of leather Oz is your man, he is a great teacher too!

Here is my last attempt at a sheath.... simple yet functional, the blury phoot hides the defects...

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Top marks for that last knife Corin..!!You need to post more pics of the last one mate...Good work on the sheath too..!!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Templar...

Thanks Ozhaggishead, I had a good teacher. You would have laughed at me using a fork as a thonging chisel, but it came up pretty good. Definitely fits the knife perfectly, and hangs from the belt well even if it is a bit plain... The stitching is neat but you can definitely see it was done by hand... It has gone to a new home so no more dodgy pictures from me... I have a heap of pictures of it being made as you know....

Here is number 1.... A good quality scrap bearing race (52100 alloy) from the local electric motor reconditioned... cost $0