Hello From Florida USA!

SwampHanger

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just want to thanks for letting me join in. Would like to tell a quick short story. I was banned from the USA site. It was my fault and I learned a lesson. For showing my backside in a debate. I have been able to reach and apologies to the original poster and we're good. He responded with one aswell. I just want that to be in the open. As far as being a world apart I think this will be a great learning experiance for me. It's aways better from a different prospective. I hunt and fish both fresh and saltwater here. Hammock camp in the swamps hence my name. So any questions about here please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate, leave your history on the other site, jump in and share your knowledge. From the time of European settlement Australia has been colonized by outcasts and people convicted of all sorts of crimes even as minor as stealing a loaf of bread. With your history it stands to reason you will fit right in. :_risata:

Sincerely, Welcome and I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome swamp hanger. Thanks for being open with us. I look forward to learning from you.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board.

Hammocks are something which are not as popular in Aus as they are in the UK and USA, although interest is growing. I can certainly see their uses in swamp, and jungle, applications.

I look forward to your input.

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I was banned from the USA site ... For showing my backside in a debate.
That doesn't seem like an issue that would bother most of the members on this site, in fact, posting a pic of a posterior on this site may be considered by some to be a novel idea for a mobile bicycle stand. :_risata:

Welcome aboard!

chutes

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Welcome swamphanger. Great to have another hammocker on the forum.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like an issue that would bother most of the members on this site, in fact, posting a pic of a posterior on this site may be considered by some to be a novel idea for a mobile bicycle stand. :_risata:

Welcome aboard!
Walker, what you do at home is your own business, but this is a BC forum !

I think using it as half a s spit stand would be more appropriate. (BTW - Which face icon is it for "cringe")

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Welcome to the tribe...

Look forward to your input and perspective... we have a couple of non-resident members here, myself included, so feel free to jump in and share your ideas and tips...

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Hi SwampHanger,
Your not from Springfield, Florida? And your first name isn't Bart is it? ....Watch out for the 'Boot'.
Welcome anyhow.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Gidday SwampHanger, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about being banned, I too am banned (the first time this has happened to me ever) from Cold Steel forum, for calling a troll a c*&#, personal attacks are never taken lightly by mods and I know better, but I think trolls need to be confronted. In all honesty American sites can often be rife with trolls, thankfully this site is barren of them.

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Don't worry about being banned, I too am banned (the first time this has happened to me ever) from Cold Steel forum, for calling a troll a c*&#, personal attacks are never taken lightly by mods and I know better, but I think trolls need to be confronted. In all honesty American sites can often be rife with trolls, thankfully this site is barren of them.
I can see why the Mods got peeved with you WM, your fatal mistake was calling a troll a 'c*&#', because we all know a 'c*&#' is useful and trolls aren't! :_lol:

(Was that pushing the envelope a bit too far, Mr Mod?)

[In my defence I blame the last of too many beers for that comment ... hic, hic]

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
I can see why the Mods got peeved with you WM, your fatal mistake was calling a troll a 'c*&#', because we all know a 'c*&#' is useful and trolls aren't! :_lol:

(Was that pushing the envelope a bit too far, Mr Mod?)

[In my defence I blame the last of too many beers for that comment ... hic, hic]
Hmmm... we will see... :^o): :linguino: