Hello from California USA

bushcraft_project

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm Dave from California and I'm into bushcraft, survival, hiking, and the outdoors. I love this forum and the online community, I've learned soooooo much. Pretty much everything I know about this stuff is from the online community. I take what I learn and then go practice as much as I can.

I'm really interested in Australian bushcraft. Your flora and fauna are different then what I see in America and Europe. I really find it fascinating. Every since Ray Mears did and episode on Australia. Id love to visit one day and while I'm there, head over the NZ also.

Sadly, because of constraints on time I do a lot of practice in the backyard but I try to do infield practice as much as I can.

I like sharing my experiences with gear and bushcraft, I'm no expert of any kind, just sharing some data with the community.

Well that's pretty much it. Everyone here is super friendly and I wanted to formally introduce myself.

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Hey b-p ,
Recently watched some YouTube vids
Of the primitive survivalist Matt Graham
Travelling the pacific crest trail .
Beautiful looking country there in California !

Doc

RĂĽdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hi Dave
I'm a early BushcraftOz member from Perth but recently moved to Connecticut. Welcome aboard!

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
G'day from WA (That's Western Australia, not Washington). It's amazing how many US bushcrafters have migrated to this site over the years. Most have brought a special sort of different to us. The skill sets, while often coming from similar backgrounds, are completely different in practice, due to differences in types of wood, temperature, climatic factors such as snow, wildlife and even just the way we look at things. Looking forward to seeing some of your skills in practice.
Cheers
Bloffy