Heading to the big smoke (Perth)

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
OK, the machine is dragging me reluctantly up to Perth again next week and, as Christmas is drawing near, I thought it might be a chance to catch up again with some (or all - even better) of you from Perth.
Sorry about the short notice but only got confirmation today I was coming.
I am pretty restricted to trains and shank's pony etc. for transport.
Thinking somewhere in the city centre or, again Subiaco/Claremont.
Any takers?
Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday night? Someone who knows the city pick a venue which has hearty libations and maybe cheesy connestibles (Boy, I hope I got that the right way around).
Options by Sunday lunch so we have an opportunity to let all know the venue, time and day.
The first time we held one of these (when I got back from overseas about 12 months ago) it set the wheels in motion for about half a dozen campouts etc throughout the year and I, at least, made several new friends.
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Weekend no good for me unless Sunday after 1800. Tuesday night or Wednesday ok for me. Are you staying in the usual "hotel" in Shenton Park?

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I available this coming week and weekend. Give me a call. Can organise a BBQ at my place:risatonaD:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Yeah Thrud, same place :_z:.
I won't get up until Sunday night and fly home Thursday.
Doc, Wow, awesome offer. If you don't mind opening up your place, that would be great (However, better hide your best silver if Uneekwahn is coming).
How does Wednesday night suit? I'm not 100 per cent sure on my timings but let's work on this at this stage.
All in favour say aye.
AYE!
(Boy, that was easy. Hmmm. Too easy.... lol)
Now, that is the usual reprobates. Come on the rest of you Western Australians. I really want to meet you all. (Saves going over the same stories with these blokes :non sono stato io:) I have a list you know....
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Wednesday night it is, Bloffy I will be heading up from work and can pick you up and drop you back if that helps. Only got one headlight though...

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I've got no idea what the relevance of mentioning the state of my car has to do with anything.

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Bloffy, Wednesday night at my place is on. Let me know who is coming and I will PM them the address.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Thanks Doc. I may have mentioned this before but you are a champion. If it's anything like last time, six elephant cut into boerwurst (or whatever it is called) will grace the grill.:_applauso:
Thrud, that would be great if I could catch a lift even in your one-eyed Folk's Wagon.
I'll work out homeward bound when I get there. Lol.
COME ONE, COME ALL. Let's make merry.
Lock up your daughters Doc, we're coming your way.
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Looks good to me. What's the drill? Bring our own elephant or deer, dig a pit, set up a spit?

Bloffy, I'm guessing you're staying at the Karrakatta Hilton? If so, I can drop you off. (My car's headlights work, too)

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Oooh. Is it the Jeep?
That would be cool.
Elephant,deer, warthog. Your choice... But apparently springbok is Off the menu. It runs so fast even Doc can't catch em....
MORE. MORE. MORE. C'mon the rest of you, we've all had our shots (Redtail always slobbers like that. It's NOT rabies. It's just, well, normal alright)
cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Yes, mate, the mighty XJ. It's a red one, too.
Specially fitted seat covers to protect the fabric from the slobbering. You may get to see it close up, if you're not walking home. Just sayin'

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I will supply the meat (lots of dead things), bread, salads, etc. Just bring your own drinks. I will have lamb for the vegetarians:_risata:

Let me know the numbers for catering.

Cheers

Doc

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'm keen, pencil me in..... I need to show Bloff that I am real. Not necessarily human, but real non the less.

I will have to work out a way to get out of this funny white jacket with the xxl sleeves though, but that should be doable by Wenzdee.

Edit to add it will be good to catch up with Uneek, Doc and Mr Superfluous Digits from the last meet.

Last edited:

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
So ... um ... who's going to tell the good Mr Brown? Perhaps Bloffy, you can break it to him gently? (Lest he need that long armed jacket again)