BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

happy fatwood Friday

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Happy Fatwood Friday. This week I am burning off store-bought fatwood purchased from Bunnings.

9b64pGw.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
happy fatwood Friday everyone, using a new ferro rod set this week, thanks James from Harshman Hills

xaTAGcY.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
happy fatwood Friday everyone, American fatwood this week, North Georgia fatwood supplied to me by Redneck Renegade from youtube.

CPhlFTA.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Bunning's fatwood for fatwood Friday burned really fiercely, I love this store-bought fatwood it has always performed well. My new plane seems to work well too.

NuHror4.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
happy fatwood Friday everyone, old stores this week, which equates to Queensland fatwood.
Got to use my new fire poker as well

Ry2yqFY.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
happy fatwood Friday everyone, burning off Rocky Instincts supplied fatwood this week, which equates to Northern Queensland fatwood

xsnLSqo.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Loblolly gold, American fatwood for this week's fatwood Friday, harvested by Georgia Trapping and Fishing

9CjcYEZ.jpg

Yamaotoko

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I found myself locked out of the house yesterday (Friday)… D’oh! I’d left a tin cup out the back from a morning cuppa, and a half-shaved piece of that Bunnings fatwood left down by the chicken house (where I’ve got more burning off to do once the rain stops).

It was absolutely tipping down, so I set the cup out and by the time I fetched a ferro rod from my camp kit under the house it was full of fresh water. Shaved some fatwood, started a little fire, boiled the water in the cup, found an errant hot chocolate sachet in my backpack and had a nice hot drink while I waited for my wife to get home… as I was enjoying the hot chocolate I scrolled these pages, saw this post and thought “ahh crap, I didn’t take a photo, so none of this really happened!” 🤣 just a funny coincidence that it was Friday and I was saved by fatwood 👍🏻

Chigger

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Good initiave and shows that skills with basic bushcraft can be of advantage in even more difficult circumstances than being locked out of home.

peter.

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Really interesting thread Wave Man. I just went through it all and watched some of the videos - there’s too many to binge on them all :)
I have some pine framing timber, left over from when I built some quick shelving to store stuff in the shed. I have several 2.4m lengths left, the worst of the bunch, knotty, warped and some quite resinous. Maybe I’ve found a use for them, I have a close look to see if there’s any fatwood. Thanks for the inspiration

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
not a problem mate, the knots are where to look, quite often the smell will give it away as well, though the only way to know for sure is to cut in and see.