BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

happy fatwood Friday

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
that time of the week has come around again, fatwood Friday, Happy fatwood Friday everyone.

Seems I am the only one on the forum who follows this particular ritual, anyway, it gives me pleasure and an excuse to light up some fatwood every week.

This weeks effort, old stores again
rmGIFOM.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
current fatwood cores I have and the last bit of the first lot of my stores.

Each of those cores is pure resin, and one of them is almost an entire stick, which is impressive (well it is to me) That Bunnings stuff is quite good fatwood and I have no problem recommending it.

kHRCxlv.jpg

and two bags of processed fatwood, I like to have processed fatwood on hand ready to go (for fatwood Friday use mainly though I tend to practice as well at other times)
c2UEmrp.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
it's swung around again fairly quickly it seems to me, Happy fatwood Friday, mixing it up this week and onto old stores

S8YFdgt.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Fatwood Friday is here again, mixing it up again and doing old stores, found some more fatwood that I had put away. Happy fatwood Friday everyone.

jgUev3h.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I needed it this morning a bit brisk in Brisbane, old stores being burned off again this week

lOOh2E9.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
cores to date, some of the ones on top are pure resin and the best fatwood I have ever seen and I can't see how you could saturate the wood any further.

All of these come from Bunning fatwood.

tWXDCOZ.jpg

Askew

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
It's not Friday but this seemed to be the best place for this. Noticed some resin oozing out of a pine tree this morning. The branch that was removed was about 50mm across, and was cut over 13 years ago, not sure exactly when.

PXL_20210531_003007187_copy_756x1008.jpg

I think I need to start collecting some resin.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I would be right into that piece mate, there is fatwood in there cut that small piece right against the tree.

If you don't definitely harvest the resin.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Happy fatwood Friday everyone, found more fatwood I had stored away so burning that off

InyaPwj.jpg

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
bloody cold in Brisbane this morning, needed the fatwood fire so was happy to fatwood Friday.

6iiniHx.jpg