Hacksaw blades as knive blanks

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Thanx Corin. I picked these because of the thinness of the steel, as a chef I have got used to trade knives with much thinner blades and 1.5mm is plenty thick for a shaving sharp edge, if I need to "Hack" into anything I'll use the khukri.
I was thinking of a very thin blade I could use as a "Necker" without having a bulge in my shirt too.
Just heard that Bunnings will not be carrying anything from Bahco; apparently Bahco have signed an exclusive agreement with the new Coles hardware chain, so if you see something at a good price that will be why. My local Green Shed has already sold out of the Bahco branded knives, wrecking chisels, plasterers tools, axes and hatchets

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
thanks for theads up Moondog
Does Bunninging carry Bahco at moment I may need to do a quick 100ks + return to buy up

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Only old stock, very few chisels and files and I saw none that had sale or markdown stickers, I'd phone before you drive to avoid disappointment, looks like they already sold off all the block splitters and other bushcraft tools, no pruning saws at my local ( I looked for those )

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
yes I will phone and get someone to pick up for me
Heading to Brisvegas for the weekend and outdoor show.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want something in particular auscraft let me know. Where I work we have 2 bunnnings 5 minutes east or 5 minutes west.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
thanks Corin for the offer already rang my brother
i will let him run around