Guess who?

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Oh man hehehehe I dont think its an Echidna just looked up Echidna tracks on google :) Hairy I think your right, Its a goat dragging its feet :)

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is two set of tracks one over a other..

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
im with HD, two set of tracks....ill go with a "dingos got a baby" or a kid that is in its jaws maybe, thats why the drag marks!

Dingo/fox - goat/kid

think i can see roo or wallaby tracks as well, two toe impressions

Last edited:

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
The foot/paw being dragged in the sand is strange..

T.C.

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
a tired worn out dingo dragging its feet is my guess too

Last edited:

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I think it's a dingo with spinal damage (hit by a widow maker?) and dragging it's back legs. If that's the case shouldn't have to follow the tracks for long before coming across exhausted dingo.

Is this a test auscraft? I mean, do you actually know what the right answer is? Or will we never know if anyone gets it right?

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
I think it's a dingo with spinal damage (hit by a widow maker?) and dragging it's back legs. If that's the case shouldn't have to follow the tracks for long before coming across exhausted dingo.

Is this a test auscraft? I mean, do you actually know what the right answer is? Or will we never know if anyone gets it right?
Yes the answer is known and yes the answer will be given . But will leave it another day as it has drawn a bit of interest.:) and some very imaginative answers very interesting . Has anyone got it right yet? I tell tomorrow.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Thanks to all who had a go.
There is a correct answer- it is a GOAT.

It was good to see so many giving it a go and even trying to explain the oddity. well Done. I will add the hint about the ground was important to ID, Many other goat tracks present did not show drags and in the cases of aged tracks they could have easily been overlooked as a dog type track when prints joined which a few thought it may be dogs.
Goats tend to drag their feet creating a trough between prints. this is more noticeable in thick soft surfaces.

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Glad to hear Aus , I thought I would of had to eat a darn dingo but now it's a goat much more palatable in my mind !

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Nice work Hairy. Thanks aus. I did look up goat tracks but the prints looked like 4 toed paw prints. So did you actually see the goat?