Greetings fellow filthy animals

GGTBod

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Greetings folks of Bushcraft OZ, my name is Rob and i'm from Newcastle, England, i'm known online as GGTBod for the last 15 years or so, i'll mebbies explain that one day :_(A): , now then right now in your head reading this i may have an English accent of some sort, if you have been to Newcastle Upon Tyne where i am from you will know this isn't exactly the case, imagine if you can if a Scottish person and an Irish person had a baby together and they raised it and then this child when old enough to get pregnant then had a child with a Viking and this child was raised on the border of Scotland, roll forward 700 years and have them breed like rabbits, this is what i talk like :malefico:

I've always loved camping and fire as a kid but then the real world and work n such got in the way of it for years, then 6 years ago i done my back in at work affecting my walking and standing abilities and a year later lost my job cos of it, i was disabled but not enough at that point to prevent me loosing my job through discrimination and they knew it and got rid of me, so during many attempts at full rehab from this i got passionately (as you do) back into the outdoor ways.

Being a kid born in the 1970's i was basically raised by tv unless the weather was good enough to chase us out of the house, part of the great/terrible things about being raised by tv back then was you got a really bizarre picture of the outside world, thankfully my very first impression of Australia was the amazing Bush Tuckerman Les Hiddens, sadly my next impression was the show Neighbours but we'll never mention that again, Bush Tuckerman blew my little brain apart watching him eat widgeddy grubs n such, being feral this meant lots of unsupervised fires and meat products going missing from all of our houses, thankfully i am a big boy now and I am slightly more responsible in the wild but meat products still mysteriously go missing in our house, it is currently unexplained.

Anyway folks rather than just say hello and say where i am from i thought i'd ramble a bit of mad banter, so if you are still with me by this point i guess we are twisted in the same way on the sense of humour, hope to be learning loads from you all I seriously can't believe i never thought of joining sooner.

This is me doing 2 of the things i love to do in the wild, having a seat and a brew

20150522_210015.jpg

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
I'm from Newcastle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome folks, the GG stands for Geordie Gabba, it is linked to my musical youth online history, i just got older and it was too much trouble to change my online pseudonym and everything linked to it like emails and log ins etc so i just left it, i am GGTBod there is no escaping that, you can't delete the internet :D

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
is that Newcastle New South Wales ? :D I have an old rave friend from there i haven't seen in over a decade
Yeh, whenever someone says they are from Newcastle I always reply with "i m from Newcastle" in a really bad accent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
After reading your intro and seeing your photo I scrolled down and saw Hairyman's profile picture, I had a laugh!
Welcome mate.
Bodge.

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
G'day Mate.
Great intro.
I am filthier than most, so appreciate a fellow weirdo! ;)