Got Me Some "Roughout Boots"..

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
4fb852d9c50ea05a2d2b58c7e78d5548.jpg

Okay so I am pretty much set on collecting much old school and tradition gear as I can.I got into it a fair bit with lots of really good second hand finds locally.A frame canvas pack,wool pants old army shirts...Yes it is all a bit geekie..:_capelli:

But the one thing I had no luck with is boots or footwear.Modern footwear just felt totally out of place when using that style of old school gear.I looked high and low for some british ammo boots or similar bit of of footwear with no luck.Either size and price were always off..

So ended up getting these GI roughout boots of ebay for a bit over a $100.I have to say they not very hi tec but are doing a pretty good job.

Roughout boots had a short history with the US military in WW2.The boots where always waxed with dubbing as a defense against gas attack.These are reproduction made by mil-tec but look close to the original design to me..

20150613_0825.jpg

20150611_0796.jpg

Of course I had to do the ubiquitous You Tube vid on the subject..

[video=youtube;yx3M3WmRZbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3M3WmRZbM[/video]

Last edited:

IRF7

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Good looking boots. A boot maker in the UK called William Lennon still make traditional style boots inc. WW2 boot that looks similar to yours. Their hob nail boots looks good too.

Last edited:

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Good looking boots. A boot maker in the UK called William Lennon still make traditional style boots inc. WW2 boot that looks similar to yours. Their hob nail boots looks good too.
Sound great got a link...?