G'day Ladies and Gents .

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Just a quick run down from up here in the Townsville area. I enjoy throwing some gear in the rucksack , grabbing the dog and heading for a stroll through the bush. I don't know of anyone up this way who does like wise , but that makes it all the better to be by one's self . Not into the anaconda , bcf sort of stuff, funny how sometimes you see people opening up their newly bought packages at the when camping . Looking forward to having a read of what people are up to , cheers.

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Gday barra , just got in from doing the same ( dog jungle backpack) up near cairns, for little over a week.
I'd expect you shouldn't find it difficult finding ex army surplus stuff around Townsville as there's plenty of army there. I like that gear because it can be found cheap and some of it is built to last.

I'm not a fan of bcf too much either , the way I see it they come in run the little guys out of business with all their hype and then bump their prices up when they've eliminated the opposition.
Been wandering around finding bush tucker , have bunya nuts in the back of ute , the dog even caught a rabbit which are a little scarce up here really , so that got cooked too.
We didn't eat every or any turtle or small fish we saw however its nice to bump into them as it let's me know if it came down to it there could have been an opportunity to find some food that day.

Well you did say you wanted to hear what others are up to, so there you have it.
And you?

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
BTW when I hear townsville bush I think ( brigallow belt ) as in brigallow trees apparently good bow making staves from what I read here in Aus.