G'day from Wide Bay

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
G'day all

I wanted to introduce myself and thank the the people who created this site "finally an Australian Bushcraft forum". I am from the Wide Bay region in Queensland and live on rural property. I have been intersted in bushcraft since a small child ' even after being kicked out of boy scouts'.

Having moved from a major city some time ago I have been lucky enough to live and work in an area of Australia with large Aboriginal population and communities many of whom are more than keen to share their knowledge. This has driven my interest in bushcraft greatly.

I look forward to sharing and recieving knoweledge and experiences with you all.

Wayne

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its great to have you on the forum Wayne.

Its very exciting to hear all the experience and knowledge those who are joining the forum have. I have a great appreciation for Aboriginal people and their willingness to share their knowledge also.

I have a big interest of Australian wild foods and our knowledge of what is edible and how it is eaten would be almost nowhere without the knowledge they share.

One of my aims with this forum is to collect all the knowledge people have about bush tucker in Australia and document it here. As alot of knowledge I find is by word of mouth (although, of course there are some great books). If you take a look at the bush tucker forum you can see I have made a start but there is a long long way to go. http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Plants

Again, great to have you here and I look forward to the knowledge you can bring.

Cheers,
Blake

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi mate, pleased to meet you! looks like a good site and resource already!

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Thanks Corin
My guard has been up since she joined.
The only saving grace i Have she is only home on weekends unless she uses a work computer. If so were in for a public display for sure:)

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Corin
My guard has been up since she joined.
The only saving grace i Have she is only home on weekends unless she uses a work computer. If so were in for a public display for sure:)
:) tread softly...