Gday from Perth

megan

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm usually wandering about the country cycling or walking. Currently trapped in Perth repairing, making and buying new gear. Have spent most of the past couple of years on the road. Have been using a tent, but about to upgrade(?) to a tarp setup as my living shelter.

Yah for an Aussie focused site.

M

Dusty

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Hope your questions will be answered and you enjoy this site.
Dusty

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
welcom Megan
enjoy plenty of stuff here you may find interestining

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Meagn, sounds like you're on a fantastic odyssey.

Where’s the next direction you plan to head ?

TasMonk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Welcome Megan! Sounds like you are enjoying quite an adventure, and I'm eager to hear more about it. Glad to have you with us.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gday Megan,

Enjoy your adventures around Australia and on the forum! :_sii:

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Megan!

Welcome to the forum! feel free to share some stories of your favourite places and experiences on your trip!

megan

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Am hanging about WA for the summer. Going to do some rides and walks about the bottom end. Will head east next year autumn or winter. Thats enought of a plan for now.

But first I need to finish repairing and replacing gear. Just got the fabric yesterday for the new shelter. That was exciting. Replacing my worn tent with a tarp & mossie net setup. This is going to take some time to sort out. Using Cuben fabric for the tarp. Its so thin and light, but incredibly strong. The advantage for me is the "no sew" options - glue or tape.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Am hanging about WA for the summer. Going to do some rides and walks about the bottom end. Will head east next year autumn or winter. Thats enought of a plan for now.

But first I need to finish repairing and replacing gear. Just got the fabric yesterday for the new shelter. That was exciting. Replacing my worn tent with a tarp & mossie net setup. This is going to take some time to sort out. Using Cuben fabric for the tarp. Its so thin and light, but incredibly strong. The advantage for me is the "no sew" options - glue or tape.
Sounds exciting! I have never heard of Cuben. But any sort of Tarp set up is beter than a tent in my opinion. Sounds like you are putting some thought into it. Don't forget to show us some pics if you get a chance, both of your set up and also those places you visit... Its OK to make us all Jealous!