BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh from Melbourne SE

PackJacket

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Forum first timer. Been going thru the threads and keen to join in where i can.
Recently got right into camping and have been on only a dozen or less trips with mates over the last 2 years. Had a blast on a 4wd trip up to flinders ranges and back last easter.
Been watching a lot of the bushcraft content on youtube and trying to find local channels where possible, and learning skills on the way.
Have only managed to go on short day hikes since christmas but been trying to put together vids of my own if anyones interested.
Otherwise, hear to learn and share/contribute where I can,
Thanks for havin' me o7

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
hey PJ and welcome.

Have you seen the Youtube channel "Scottys Gone Walkabouts" one of my favs (y) look it up

cheers Mozz

PackJacket

Russell Coight
Reaction score
hey PJ and welcome.

Have you seen the Youtube channel "Scottys Gone Walkabouts" one of my favs (y) look it up

cheers Mozz

Thanks Mozz,

Yeah I was pretty happy when I found him,
Was a bit confronting to see his experience with the recent bush fires and what they left behind,
But also looking forward to watching the area recover and seeing how that unfolds.

PackJacket

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi, welcome aboard.
I'm in Melbourne too !

Hey Aussie123

Are there many members in the Melbourne area?
I looked up bushcraft and survival courses a while ago and from memory only really found things up in QLD or near Sydney

Markie D

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Welcome Buddy, I'm based in Victoria, Ballarat area, not too far from Melbs, I think us victorian bushcrafters might have to try to organise a catch up soon. hahaha,