Free bushcraft courses.

flaviln

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Blake,the Bushclasses @Bcusa brought in a vast number of new and serious members.
A BushcraftOZ version would be excellent,with changes to reflect differences in environment and heritage.
Passing on the Bush knowledge to all,no matter their ability to pay is commendable .
My thanks to you,Sir.

flaviln

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Wow. Can't wait. That would be seriously awesome. Let me know if you want a tutorial on how to tell bad jokes around the campfire. Looking forward to this. Will it piggyback on US course or be a stand-alone item. Highly impressed that you blokes are taking the time to develop something like this.
Cheers
Bloffy

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Can't wait. That would be seriously awesome. Let me know if you want a tutorial on how to tell bad jokes around the campfire. Looking forward to this. Will it piggyback on US course or be a stand-alone item. Highly impressed that you blokes are taking the time to develop something like this.
Cheers
Bloffy
It will be a "stand alone" course, and quite different in flavour to any others about.

The course will be in several parts, beginning with some simple, home based activities, and building up to more advanced projects.
We wanted a course which could guide people from starting out, to more advanced activities.

Something for everybody, but it will take some time to complete it all.....

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Its being worked on slowly and there is no eta as yet. As mentioned, there will be several parts to it and we want to get the Primer (basic) section completed first.

The idea is to cover some basic skills and then introduce some more and more complex activities which leverage those skills.

Its really a personal challenge for people and hopefully will guide you to try some activities which you have probably read about, but may not have actually tried yourself ! For some people the Primer will see quite simple, but hopefully there will be at least one or two good challenges for everyone; as I say the idea is just to introduce a variety of skills and then to build on those in the latter sections.

Once we’re happy with the Primer, we’ll have to set about getting a bit of feedback before we go “live”.

Flash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Sounds great to me, can't wait.

Thanks to all those with the knowledge and motivation to set up this for all the others of us without either or both :_sii:

downunderrunner

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
i can't wait for this to kick off! great idea for preserving knowledge that is slipping away slowly as we become softer and more urbanised!!

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'd love to contribute.
I work within an RTO, so could offer a small insight into content presentation and competency developement.
I also have access to some great subject matter Experts (tracking etc).
BDave.