Forum Upgrades Complete

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Bushcafters!

If you are reading this message it means you are now using the upgraded BushcraftOz Forum on our new server. Australian members should notice a significant improvement in performance and speed. Hopefully the new server will provide a much quicker browsing experience for both desktop and mobile users. It also allows us access to more bandwidth and storage to accommodate our growing database of content. The forum software has also been updated which will fix some bugs, security issues and improve performance. You won’t notice any changes to the functionality itself.

Note About Emails:

We had to disable the email functions to prevent the spamming hack also. This resulted in a reasonable email queue which has now been cleared. The email functions have been re-enabled which means if you are subscribed to any threads or have PM notifications turned on you may have recently received a bulk load of delayed notification emails from the forum. This should now go back to normal.

Note About DNS:
Please note that the site my be a little "funky" for up to 2 days as we have changed the DNS to point to the new website location, its possible you might get sent to the old server and get the forum offline message. IF you know what you are doing I usually find using Google's public DNS is pretty good and comes through faster than Telstra etc. If you are a super geek you can change your hosts file to point our URL to the new server IP for a day or two. Baring that just wait, everything should be running smooth in no more than two days but likely within hours.

Note About The Custom "Dark" Style (BushcraftOz_Customs_1.5):
I have also noticed a few of the css changes to the custom "dark" theme are wrong with the upgrade. I'm making a list below but if you use the dark theme please post them here for me to fix.

As always. Thank you so much to the mods for the top job they do. I would also like to personally thank the community for their patience with the upgrades and as always for making this such a terrific online community.

p.s: Thank you to the members who have donated to the forum. Your generous donations have been a real help to make the server upgrade possible for us.

-----------------

The following additional changes have/will be made as I tick them off:

*Fixed an issue where the registration page was not working
*Register and Help buttons are now visible when logged out of the forum
*Made 'Upload' button more visible in image upload pop-up window - TO DO

Last edited:

okolicsa

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi Blake, well done with the move. I have to say it was quicker than I thought it would be. Excellent work. :)

PS: I am accessing the new site through tapatalk and have not seen any issues. Will keep you posted if I find any.

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
great stuff Blake, and being the new year probably a good time to donate again. thanks for doing what you do!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Also remember we have a built in mobile theme if you don't have or use tapatalk. You can access this by scrolling to the bottom of the forum on your phone browser and selecting 'Default Mobile Style" from the dropbox in the lower left.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I came here out of hope and to my surprise found the forum back up and running. Great stuff and thank-you to all involved. :)

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Blake, since the upgrade all looks good to me - actually I can't see any difference (I don't fully understand most of this computer stuff anyway)
However top Right on the opening page I can see "Welcome" but "Brumby53" "Notifications" "My Profile" "Settings" and " Log Out" are all indistinct - at first I thought they weren't there but I can just see them in a very light colour. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? No biggie they highlight when I put the cursor on them Just thought it worth a mention.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Blake, since the upgrade all looks good to me - actually I can't see any difference (I don't fully understand most of this computer stuff anyway)
However top Right on the opening page I can see "Welcome" but "Brumby53" "Notifications" "My Profile" "Settings" and " Log Out" are all indistinct - at first I thought they weren't there but I can just see them in a very light colour. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? No biggie they highlight when I put the cursor on them Just thought it worth a mention.
same with me Brumby, they highlight with the cursor roll over so still kinda works :_sii:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words guys.

Brumby & Mozzie: Thanks very much for reporting this issue. This should now been fixed.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A big giant thank you again to everyone who has donated to the forum in the last month or so since the upgrade. You know who you are, you incredibly generous. It really makes a huge difference!