BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

flint and steel Saturday

Chigger

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Thanks again for the update, crackedanvilforge certainly makes a large striker. More suited to the home where fires would be lit on a daily basis.

Would ask for a smaller one. Will see how the Ravensforge goes and the medieval event as mentioned.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
the Crackanvil striker is a beast, I actually designed it and bought the first (and as far as I know only) one off him, I prefer a large striker and wanted an oversized striker.

My two Crackedanvil strikers, the bottom one is a custom, called the taipan, Wayne said he would never make another one like it as I requested.

SRKpmsD.jpg

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
onto my BeaverBushcraft strikers and will be for a while as I have a fair few of them, happy flint and steel Saturday everyone

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice tinder pouch but green leather looks strange to me. I make tinder pouchs out of a kangaroo tail.😀

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Nice tinder pouch but green leather looks strange to me. I make tinder pouchs out of a kangaroo tail.😀
yeah it's strange to make a pouch out of green, especially the green they chose but it really suits the style and idea of the 'dragonskin'.