BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ello :)

Raven

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi there, I'm Raven, an ex-pat pom who saw the light and married an Aussie girl (well she did come all the way to England to snag me!). So I'm now living in Brisbane and getting used to the fact that the winter temps here are higher than the summer ones back home! It's a beautiful place and I'm looking forward to getting out there and learning more about it.

I've been into bushcraft for quite a while and have been a member of BCUK for years but TBH I know virtually nothing about the land here, the flora and fauna etc., so it's going to be interesting learning about it. Not seen any drop-bears yet :linguino::_risata: and the bugs are nowhere near as bad as all the doomsayers in England will tell you lol

Anyhow, good to meet you all and happy bushcrafting!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gday Raven,

Great to have you on board mate and great to have you in Aus. Hope the forum helps you out.

chutes

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
It's not the Drop Bears you have to worry about, it's the Hoop Sna... who am I kidding, you've probably heard all about those nasty critters.

Welcome to the site mate and congrats on the move to God's Own Country.

Here's an old John Williamson song just for you -

[video=youtube;6sncPk1QYmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sncPk1QYmk[/video]

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Raven, keep us posted with your new adventures.
If you have difficulty finding enough bugs I'm sure some local folk from here can point out the right places :;):

Dusty

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hi Raven,
Plenty to do and see around Brissy. Looking forward to your input.
Dusty

graybear

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Good to see another pom who has seen light and moved to the great south land... !! Great to have you here. Where from in the UK?