BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Eastern Yellow Robin (Eopsaltria australis)

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Scientific Name: Eopsaltria australis

Common Name: Eastern Yellow Robin

Order: Passeriformes

Family: Petroicidae

Other Names: NA

Distribution: East and south-east of the Australia

Habitat: From dry woodlands to rainforests.

Field Notes: Grey back and head with yellow underparts. Southern species have an olive-yellow rump, while in northern species it is bright yellow. The throat is off-white and a pale off-white wing bar. The bill is black. Size 16cm.

Photo auscraft 2012. Sunday Creek

View attachment 3175

Last edited by a moderator:

Eugenio Coscarelli

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Field Notes: Everytime I have come across this bird they are very curious and approach in silence, it is only the flash of yellow which gives them away. If you ever do see one and you want it to come closer for the sake of a photographic opportunity you may consider whistling like a White-throated Treecreeper (Cormobates leuciphaeus). You may think this sounds crazy but it works for me. It is also handy to have a recording of the birdsong with you to playback of the robin itself and this will bring them to you very quickly. Use this link to listen to the song of this delightful bird.
http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Eopsaltria-australis Thanks for reading.

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Thanks Eugenio,
I understand there is an iphone app. for bird calls... I just dont have an iphone yet.