Does one really need a 4x4?

Soz

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Awesome photo Soz, would make for a good desktop background
Thanks
That's a good example of why I need a 4wd. Near Donnellys creek track in Victoria. Went for 3 days bushwalking/camping and finding old mining relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbitguts

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I drive a Jimny take three kids out camping a lot perfect for my needs ,cheap and we are squashed but love it

oncedisturbed

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I currently have a Patrol wagon (petrol) as the family tourer which we currently do all out touring and trips away in.

With my gummy back, makes it hard trying to get into and sit down in my wife's Epica and will end up getting another 4x4 but in diesel which I'll turn into a 1-2 person tourer and extended trips away, wheeling and shooting

Never underestimate the power of the tap, let it flow through you.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
For on the property, yes we NEED a 4WD. For off the property we also find that we need a 4WD. Up until now my wife has been driving an SUV, but the problem is that SUVs do not have much of a wading depth & where we live we are constantly having to cross water & navigate really chewed up muddy dirt roads. Right now out here it is so wet that the fish are roosting in the trees. The public dirt road is worse than it has ever been to date. I NEED to know that my wife can get through no matter what the road conditions.
We are presently looking for 2 more 4WDs. We are thinking perhaps two twin cab utes, either Holden or Toyota. The search goes on for reliable 4WDs that parts are easily obtainable at a reasonable cost (see new post on this forum asking for recommendations).
Keith.