Dave Canterbury lecture.

nbear247365

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, tt was very interesting. I've always liked watching/listening to the things Dave says/does.

NB

Paul Smith

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I saw this when I was on holidays in Tasmania earlier this year, I turned and showed the wife and said I'm going to do a blacksmith course when I get home,
I have now done my first course and I am going to do another one in a few months time on knife making.

Paul

cookie

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I saw this when I was on holidays in Tasmania earlier this year, I turned and showed the wife and said I'm going to do a blacksmith course when I get home,
I have now done my first course and I am going to do another one in a few months time on knife making.

Paul
Hi Paul, I've been looking at doing basic blacksmith course for a while, especially since discovering "forged in fire" series last year. Problem is the ones I have found around sydney are so expensive it hasnt been an option. Be interested to hear what you did.

Really liked daves lecture, very common sense and fascinating tidbits about history on the frontier in the US.

Totumpole

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks for that, definitely a sensible approach to preparedness.
I find it interesting how he has progressed from a ex-military "gung ho" survivalist persona in dual survival, through to this and his heavy use of kit from pioneer times. I suppose the TV firms will mould your image to suit there purpose, and the military thing was what suited them at that time to contrast Cody's primitive skills approach.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
I have a growing admiration of Canterbury. At first, he came across as God fearing redneck who was very military oriented (despite having a very limited military career apparently - built up for his tv persona) but has matured into a much more worldly and rounded bushman. Despite this, his 5 and 10 Cs of survival are arguably some of the best advice I have come across.
Cheers
Bloffy

cookie

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
His books are good and he seems to have a vast knowledge of early pioneer ways. I actually liked him in dual survival, so much better then Joe Teti! The only reason I kept watching the show is because of Mat Graham, what a legend! Canterberrys dirty rotten survival is also funny and a cool series! :)