Custom maps to print A4

Fenrir

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to find a tool, website or software that I can use to print out gridded topographic maps for the area I will be traversing without the bulk or annoyance of carrying huge store bought maps. Right now I am using Sixx topographic maps printed out from screenshots, but it's a stopgap method. Has anyone else found a better way to do this?

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I can only tell you what I use, and that's OziExplorer for PC (Windows).

I have a wide collection of West Aussie maps that I've bought prescanned in Ozi format (eg 25K SW of WA), or I have scanned my paper maps. The latter done by a local Kwik Kopy shop (which is free for me cos my bro owns it). There's various utilities for getting digital maps into Ozi format too, but that's a rabbit hole in itself.

Ozi will let you print to scale or page size to match whatever printer you have. I used to have an A3 printer, but when it died I just replaced it with an A4 - that's all I need.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
You could try these; once you have them on your computer it should be relatively easy to print whatever you like, zoomed in or out. Wish I could find some for Tassie!