Current belt knife .

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
For the last year or so I have been sporting the Helle Alden as my belt knife . Out of all the other knives I own and have worn , the Alden is the one that I feel at home with . Just the right size and weight and I don't really notice it on the belt . So what are you gents sporting at the moment ?

I had the machete out that day for some clearing work .

IMG_5817 (2).jpg

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice knife there barra. My favourite (and only remaining) fixed blade is the Helle Nying. It's a strange stubby looking design but very comfy and easy to use.

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Nice knife there barra. My favourite (and only remaining) fixed blade is the Helle Nying. It's a strange stubby looking design but very comfy and easy to use.

I know the Nying . Never held one in the hand , but looks a capable knife .

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
For the last year or so I have been sporting the Helle Alden as my belt knife . Out of all the other knives I own and have worn , the Alden is the one that I feel at home with . Just the right size and weight and I don't really notice it on the belt . So what are you gents sporting at the moment ?
The same knife I always carry, when you have made the best choice for the job in hand, there is no point in changing it.
Knife-002-REDUCED.jpg
Keith.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I am a tool heavy guy and have spent years building up a collection of knives.

When hunting I tend to carry two belt knives, my CS Trail Master san maiIII and my CS Master Hunter san maiIII

for everything else I go with my TOPS Power Eagle, which also has a Falkniven WM-1 added to the sheath (but this isn't set up as a belt knife, rather as a baldrick carry), the belt knife I would add to this to round out the load out is my Mora Bushcrafter 2010

I would also have a folder and Leatherman in my pockets (bush work would have me carrying my ZT 0920 most likely)

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I saw that the other day as well as their mini Skrama https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/terava-mini-skrama-carbon-steel/61160

I have their Skrama and really like it, the only issue is rust at the loop on the end of the tang near the rubberised handle.

Let us know how you go with that

Thank you.

Yes I heard of the Skrama. Beast of a knife, apparently. Interesting, and I could see how rust could become a problem on the end 'ring'. I'd of preferred a pommel personally.

Tereva 110