Cold Steel OSS/OSI

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Two siblings side by side. The aspect makes one knife look smaller (OSS) than the other (OSI), but they are exactly the same size.

Cold Steel OSS aus-8a (double edged)/OSI aus-8a (single edged) Sub-Hilt Fighting Knives

I may have to see if I can track down a san mai OSS to complete the set as I will never be able to find or afford if I do find one, a Black Bear Classic

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
During my research into recent cold steel aus8a knife purchases - apparently cold steel does a very good and consistent tempering with the aus8a.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
During my research into recent cold steel aus8a knife purchases - apparently cold steel does a very good and consistent tempering with the aus8a.
from experience yes, CS does an excellent job with their Aus-8a, they have many models in that steel and have a lot of experience with it. CS Aus-8a is tough/durable and a good steel, easy to sharpen and has reasonable edge retention.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
from experience yes, CS does an excellent job with their Aus-8a, they have many models in that steel and have a lot of experience with it. CS Aus-8a is tough/durable and a good steel, easy to sharpen and has reasonable edge retention.
Also found this, had really good success with my SRKs in AUS-8

Thats a hell of a knife there Wave Man!

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Also found this, had really good success with my SRKs in AUS-8
the SRK in Aus-8a is a beast of a knife, extremely tough and durable. It makes a brilliant general purpose belt knife, one you can bet your life on IMHO.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
the SRK in Aus-8a is a beast of a knife, extremely tough and durable. It makes a brilliant general purpose belt knife, one you can bet your life on IMHO.
They are a great knife for sure and amazing value when Cleaver had them on special for around $70. Alot of people seem to scoff at the Aus-8 but i've found it to be very capable and easily serviced in the field (y)